• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Favorite 22lr pistol?

I came here to open a thread about a rekindled love for the 22. I have not shot my 22A in a while. The other day I was going fishing and while I normally just carry a snub 38 I decided to take my 22A. Man we had a good time. I shot and plinked and made some fairly impressive (especially to a 10 year old boy) shots. This morning I went to get in my truck and there was an armadillo in the yard. I hollered for my son and he cut on the headlights while I took a shot with my faithful 22A.

I am wanting something new. I am debating carrying a 22 around the house more as well as field carry. I normally just carry what I am normally carrying which is either a 19 or a 642/60. I just realize that a 22 will handle 98.7% of everything I need a pistol for including fun. A ruger 22/45 lite is mighty tempting and so is a single action 22. In reality my 22A S&W makes me appear to be a better shot than I am, it has eaten 10's of thousands of rounds from velocitor to the cheapest thing I can find and runs 100%.
They have gotten better over the years or else I got a dud in 1996? That thing was junk no matter what ammo I ran through it. I’ve heard nothing but good things about the newer ones though.

Went to Barrows in Butler the other day and they have quite a selection of 22s and anything else for that matter. The 2 that I found cool were the ruger mark iv lite and the lcr. If the LCR had been 22lr and the LCRx with the longer barrel it would have came home with me.
I’m really considering a 22 conversion for a Glock. I figure it will fit all off my holsters and I’m familiar with the way they work and maybe rimfire plinking will help center fire as well. Of course then I have to decide do I buy trade into another 19 so the grip angle hump etc remains the same or do I buy a conversion for 26 or 34 or 45 so I don’t have to buy another gun just the kit.
I too went to Barrows on friday and looked at his arsenal. Spoke with him briefly as I enjoy his wit . I just recently saw the lcr, and I am going to have to try one of these. I can just see me on my tractor bushhogging and getting down to the last few yards and the mice begin to scurry. I have my lcr in my shoulder holster and begin to plink away at the little targets.

I might have answered this before but the Ruger SR22 and the Walther equivalent feel so good in the hands and are extremely accurate. I had a Ruger before and loved it. I only paid 329 for it. I feel stupid for selling it.

They have gotten better over the years or else I got a dud in 1996? That thing was junk no matter what ammo I ran through it. I’ve heard nothing but good things about the newer ones though.
I think I may have gotten a dud around the same time. I never had much luck with it, and sold it with a bad taste in my mouth.

Looking back on it though, I wonder if they had a run of bad magazines, or if the OEM magazine needed to be lubed. I never tried it with anything but the magazines that came with it, and didn't know enough to try to fix it.

I think I may have gotten a dud around the same time. I never had much luck with it, and sold it with a bad taste in my mouth.

Looking back on it though, I wonder if they had a run of bad magazines, or if the OEM magazine needed to be lubed. I never tried it with anything but the magazines that came with it, and didn't know enough to try to fix it.
Same here. I liked the look but I don’t keep anything that don’t run right. That being said…. I’ve traded guns I wish I had back due to me being ignorant or just plain lazy lol. That was my first store bought pistol, got it at whatever Dick’s was before, or maybe it was Dick’s? Young&Dumb foeSho.

Just a thought. If you can, pick one that feels like HD pistol or your carry gun in your hands. That way you build muscle memory while you plink.
I was about to do more “trickinOut” on my TX22 until I saw that new FN .22.
DC6EE820-9BCA-4CED-99B2-89FB1D58AF28.png

Back
Top Bottom