• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Favorite Drill

North Ga Hillbilly

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
37   1
Reaction score
Ive been messing around with different "standard" drills lately. Im partial to the 99 drill lately, I'm still chasing times, but I think it's a good way to keep round count down, IE cost, and use every shot effectively. So whats your favorite?

I like practicing my point shooting using my natural point of aim technique.

Take your pistol, put electrical tape on the front and rear sights and holster the firearm
Start off at 3yrds and practice drawing and firing one round from the holster while timing yourself hitting center mass or a standard sheet of paper.
Move back to 5yrds and repeat until you miss the target (the center mass area, not shoulders etc) or groups become larger and more spread out

The majority of my students can do this until 10yrs (30ft) which is more than effective for reactionary shooting. This helps to instill confidence and know your ability if you have to draw and fire a round quickly and you know your effective distance

lol, Mike where have you been hiding at, not on GSB lol

What's up Will. How are things? GSB seemed like a ghost town last time I looked. No reason to go there. Lol.

I'm on here daily. Finally got a real job, townhouse and fiance, lol. Life is good. How's the family?

Back
Top Bottom