• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Favorite Lure for Bass?

NOTE: when pond fishing

plastic worm = Zoom, color black with no weight and a 2/0 hook, it even works great in lily pads
top water = 4" broke back rebel - hint: early morning (work it slowly) or late evening (work it aggressively) near the edges
when they are visibly on the bed and won't bite = 22lr <-- kidding

NOTE: when pond fishing

plastic worm = Zoom, color black with no weight and a 2/0 hook, it even works great in lily pads
top water = 4" broke back rebel - hint: early morning (work it slowly) or late evening (work it aggressively) near the edges
when they are visibly on the bed and won't bite = 22lr <-- kidding

Ooo im gonna have to go buy some of those and try it out. i dont think i have any lol.

Ooo im gonna have to go buy some of those and try it out. i dont think i have any lol.

lol,,, not what you are thinking brother, lol

rebel.jpg

I have not fished for black bass in years, but my favorite (but not necessarily productive) lure was a Snag Poof frog in ponds with heavy moss or moderate lily pads. There was just something about watching a chunky fish explode on a slowly twitched frog through the slop, wait for that line to slightly tighten before setting the hook, and praying it doesn't throw it or wrap around a log. It's an exciting way to fish.

Has anyone ever done any "pole jigging"? I have done it right at dark and was successful. 16ft cane pole, 30lb test line, your favorite jig or plastic frog, fish aggressively on top of the water making a lot of commotion with the lure as if it were in distress.

I like this guy's way of pole jigging in the cold weather months. I've got to try it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[video=youtube_share;2tbEbDFB9uA]http://youtu.be/2tbEbDFB9uA[/video]
Oh I'm so trying this... Check out this video on YouTube:

Last edited:
my #1 has got to be a tie between pearl white weightless super fluke and weightless watermelon with chartreuse tail trick worm. My next one down would be the rapala x rap, that thing catches fish for me where ever I go. Never been skunked on this combo.

Back
Top Bottom