• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Favorite Lure for Bass?

I have not fished for black bass in years, but my favorite (but not necessarily productive) lure was a Snag Poof frog in ponds with heavy moss or moderate lily pads. There was just something about watching a chunky fish explode on a slowly twitched frog through the slop, wait for that line to slightly tighten before setting the hook, and praying it doesn't throw it or wrap around a log. It's an exciting way to fish.

the pond I fish mainly (Tribble Mill Park) looks like it should be awesome for frogs. tons of pads/weeds along the sides. but I have never had anything look twice at a frog there lol. I might try again this week though as it seems they are starting to hit topwater more there right now.

nice. right under the water with a wake slow, or barely moving still on the surface slow? im gonna go to bass pro Tuesday and pick a few of these up for sure. I have some rapala jerk baits, but no big jointed ones.

I will throw it near the edge, let it set on the top of the water for a few seconds, slowly reel it for a few seconds, then let it set, repeat, repeat,,,

Chrome Zara Spook
Bang o lure in Blue
Gourd Green Zoom Plastic worm
Sand/Chartreuse Zoom worm
Live nite crawler
Live leech
Dynamite

Got a spook that has all the finish off of it it was bit so much.Bone colored now and works great on Spots at Lanier

oh yeah, the white/bone works amazing on lanier! pretty much all I ever throw as topwater up there!

love the Bill Dance versions on the Heddon Spittin image also. topwater and shallow runners. the bream patter has caught many, many fish!

Back
Top Bottom