• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fear the Walking dead

I can't really agree with most of the comments on the show. I honestly think it's pretty good - not GREAT, but at least pretty good. I mean, honestly, what were you expecting it to be? This is based in Los Angeles, not central GA - there aren't going to be fifty raging zombies shot by underground preppers wielding AR's in the first few episodes (maybe it'll get to something like that soon enough - we'll see).

For me, what's interesting about the show is how they're showing the BEGINNING of the outbreak, something that was 100% left out of The Walking Dead. I think it is fairly realistic in that it shows how 98% of society is completely oblivious when things are about to get really bad - especially in a liberal haven like California. It's interesting to watch when we as the viewers know a lot more about the walkers than the characters do.

I'm sure there will be a lot more action in the next several episodes (if not, I know we'll all be disappointed). Anyone can tell you that the first few chapters of a good book (or tv show, etc.) largely focus on character development and setting, and things will get more interesting from there. It's not an amazing show at this point but as a big fan of The Walking Dead I'm at least enjoying it and interested in where it will go.

(When I hear people say things like "UGH, BORING!!!" or "SNOOZEFEST!", I can't help but think of that kid we all know who can't sit still, read a book without pictures, or be expected to sit through anything that isn't full of explosions, fireworks, and yelling. After about age 18, I don't think you really want to be that guy, or at least not all the time.)

Weak, unlikable, uninteresting characters. All the development in the world won't help if the viewers don't connect with the cast.
Like someone mentioned above, I'll give any show a few episodes before bailing out but this show is running out of time..
The webcasts are even better than this tripe. Hopefully the show turns into something worth watching.

Last edited:
Weak, unlikable, uninteresting characters. All the development in the world won't help if the viewers don't connect with the cast.
Like someone mentioned above, I'll give any show a few episodes before bailing out but this show is running out of time..
The webcasts are even better than this tripe. Hopefully the show turns into something worth watching.

Yeah there are NO characters I like. The closest is Rueben Blades's character Daniel Salazar. He's got grit. But I am already sick of trying to read ****ing subtitles. They better bust that Spanish bull **** and speak English.

Well,the story line fits right in with the left coast libs,big government troops to the rescue. The government will save us,we don't need any guns! Did y'all here the actors remarks (you know how I hate guns) right after his zombie neighbor tried to eat him?
Yeah, that dude needs to die.

Back
Top Bottom