Fed up with pawn shops and ice road truckers

CCR

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
Banned Permanently
7   0
Reaction score
I finally wrote a letter to History Channel, and urged others that agree with me to do the same.

Dear History Channel-

It is with much disdain that I must sever our relationship. Ever since middle school I have loved you. There, I looked forward to History class as at least once a week we would watch a History Channel broadcast/DVD/tape on whatever topic we were currently studying. At night when I was done with work and homework I would tune into History Channel and watch documentaries on Vlad Tepes, The Third Reich, The Vietnam War, Mongols, Vikings, The Civil War, Khmer Rouge, and so on and so on. I did this all through high school. That's right, I wasn't watching The Real World and other junk TV that my peers were watching. (Granted I do love some King of the Hill, but it only came on on Sundays back then). I am often complimented by people for my knowledge and information when it comes to history, much of what I know came from you. You always went further into the subject than my school textbook did, and for that I am thankful.

Here we are in 2012, I am a 26 year old pawnbroker...yes pawnbroker. I deal with pawn shop reality all day long and we both know it's nothing like what you show on Pawn Stars, actually anyone with sense would know this. When I turn on the TV at night I'd like to see History related programming... not alligator hunting, not truck drivers, not junk pickers, not shrimp fisherman, not pawn shops. Ten years ago, none of this reality crap would be on your channel. After the Hatfields and McCoys, I was looking up and thinking you were coming back, but I was wrong. I am finally giving up. If I want to watch history related programming I tune into public broadcasting or Nat Geo. Granted, Nat Geo has it's fair share of occupational reality shows...it does show more historical programming than you. It was fun while it lasted. Thanks for the old memories.
-CCR

/rant

I do miss the old history channel. But, they are in the business of making money. People are crazy over those shows, especially swamp people. I do enjoy a few shows, top gear, top shot, and the occasional American restoration. But overall I agree with you 100%. I miss ww2 in HD, I miss all the informative stock footage from all our wars and history. (correct me of I'm wrong) but I think there is an H2 channel with all the old programs we used to enjoy. Im too cheap to find out, we haggled with DISH and only pay $20 a month so we're not gonna mess with that sleeping monster until we have to.

I do miss the old history channel. But, they are in the business of making money. People are crazy over those shows, especially swamp people. I do enjoy a few shows, top gear, top shot, and the occasional American restoration. But overall I agree with you 100%. I miss ww2 in HD, I miss all the informative stock footage from all our wars and history. (correct me of I'm wrong) but I think there is an H2 channel with all the old programs we used to enjoy. Im too cheap to find out, we haggled with DISH and only pay $20 a month so we're not gonna mess with that sleeping monster until we have to.
Actually there are LOTS of folks that are tired of it. I've read on various blogs and facebook about more people against all the new crap than for it. Yes Swamp People was interesting the first season, but I can only watch someone catch an alligator so many times.

Dear History Channel-

It is with much disdain that I must sever our relationship. Ever since middle school I have loved you. There, I looked forward to History class as at least once a week we would watch a History Channel broadcast/DVD/tape on whatever topic we were currently studying. At night when I was done with work and homework I would tune into History Channel and watch documentaries on Vlad Tepes, The Third Reich, The Vietnam War, Mongols, Vikings, The Civil War, Khmer Rouge, and so on and so on. I did this all through high school. That's right, I wasn't watching The Real World and other junk TV that my peers were watching. (Granted I do love some King of the Hill, but it only came on on Sundays back then). I am often complimented by people for my knowledge and information when it comes to history, much of what I know came from you. You always went further into the subject than my school textbook did, and for that I am thankful.

Here we are in 2012, I am a 26 year old pawnbroker...yes pawnbroker. I deal with pawn shop reality all day long and we both know it's nothing like what you show on Pawn Stars, actually anyone with sense would know this. When I turn on the TV at night I'd like to see History related programming... not alligator hunting, not truck drivers, not junk pickers, not shrimp fisherman, not pawn shops. Ten years ago, none of this reality crap would be on your channel. After the Hatfields and McCoys, I was looking up and thinking you were coming back, but I was wrong. I am finally giving up. If I want to watch history related programming I tune into public broadcasting or Nat Geo. Granted, Nat Geo has it's fair share of occupational reality shows...it does show more historical programming than you. It was fun while it lasted. Thanks for the old memories.
-CCR

/rant
LOL
:thumb:

I don't know if it was History or Discovery channel that used to have a show call history of the gun. Have them on Dvr. Although I got rid of more than half my channels cause that crap is a waste but I did get to keep history and the National geo channel. Just don't get Discovery and a&e any more. Hell I don't even have tbs. Well Ill have fox for football season and that's all that matters as of right now.

Now I have to admit, I do like Swamp People and Top Shot.
I did like Ice Road Truckers, but now its like "Dont crack the ice and wake me when we get there".

Back
Top Bottom