Fed up with pawn shops and ice road truckers

Actually there are LOTS of folks that are tired of it. I've read on various blogs and facebook about more people against all the new crap than for it. Yes Swamp People was interesting the first season, but I can only watch someone catch an alligator so many times.

No doubt.

It still beats TLC...ugh. Wife has it on right now as I type this. Creepy midgets....then theres people who will not use birth control, guy with 5 (unnatractive) wives, clothing tragedies, disorder after disorder....I'm losing my mind

I for one like the crazy haired historians talking about aliens

Ha ha you mean this guy? lol
crazy hair.jpg

Funny thing about it is, they still keep history in it just with people doing different things. Pawn Stars- Reality show showing buying of antiques
American pickers- reality show showing guys trying to find and put antiques/lost treasures back into circulation
Swamp people- reality show that was originally showing how people have lived in the swamps for hundreds of hears.
etc. etc. etc.
I see their points but many people take it as real shows of what a "normal" everyday pawnshop/picker etc. does. It is for entertainment only and if you take it for that then you can enjoy some of the "history" you can see on these shows.

To sum it all up, they are still giving you "some" history hidden amongst the "reality" bullcrap. However I enjoy most of these shows as I am a picker and storage auction buyer by "trade". And yes I have been doing it LONG before the shows started coming on TV.

How much you wanna bet they write you back asking if you want to have a reality series of your own?

I do recommend GPB, they have great historical programming on most nights. Last night was the War of 1812, the other forgotten war. Best part about public broadcast...NO COMMERCIALS!

Actually there are LOTS of folks that are tired of it. I've read on various blogs and facebook about more people against all the new crap than for it. Yes Swamp People was interesting the first season, but I can only watch someone catch an alligator so many times.

Yeah Swamp people was awesome its first season ,but now its getting way to commercialized and faker.

Funny thing about it is, they still keep history in it just with people doing different things. Pawn Stars- Reality show showing buying of antiques
American pickers- reality show showing guys trying to find and put antiques/lost treasures back into circulation
Swamp people- reality show that was originally showing how people have lived in the swamps for hundreds of hears.
etc. etc. etc.
I see their points but many people take it as real shows of what a "normal" everyday pawnshop/picker etc. does. It is for entertainment only and if you take it for that then you can enjoy some of the "history" you can see on these shows.

To sum it all up, they are still giving you "some" history hidden amongst the "reality" bullcrap. However I enjoy most of these shows as I am a picker and storage auction buyer by "trade". And yes I have been doing it LONG before the shows started coming on TV.

I bet since storage wars started showing it has made your life hell with all the noobs getting into it now.

Maybe they just need a new show....something like Ice Road COPS chasing Crack Dealers dealing to Ice People hunting Polar Bears and Pawning their pelts to Aliens.....nah....it's just another craptasm waiting to fail.....nevermind, carry on :)

Back
Top Bottom