• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Federal Ammo Rebate is a Hoax

neilca

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
26   0
Reaction score
I see that Federal is again offering a rebate on ammo, don't fall for it. Like a lot of rebate programs you must follow the rules to a T in order for it to be processed. Last year, I bought the ammo, followed the rules and did not get a rebate. I contacted the rebate center and they told me the rules changed shortly after my submittal to include the UPC off of the box. This was not a requirement at the time of my submittal so the lady resubmitted my request. It was just denied because I had not challenged it the appropriate time frame.

I am not saying don't buy the ammo, just saying don't expect to get the rebate.

I see that Federal is again offering a rebate on ammo, don't fall for it. Like a lot of rebate programs you must follow the rules to a T in order for it to be processed. Last year, I bought the ammo, followed the rules and did not get a rebate. I contacted the rebate center and they told me the rules changed shortly after my submittal to include the UPC off of the box. This was not a requirement at the time of my submittal so the lady resubmitted my request. It was just denied because I had not challenged it the appropriate time frame.

I am not saying don't buy the ammo, just saying don't expect to get the rebate.

They are a gamble for sure. You can't even factor them in to your purchase since their is no guarantee you will get them.

Years ago I was supposed to get a $50 rebate on a phone. Never got it.

Winchester never sent my check for an ammo purchase about 3 years ago. I included the UPC labels and everything else that was required. I called after some time passed and they resubmitted my request. When I called again they said it had been too long and they couldn't do anything.

Browning sent my rebate check for a pistol purchase pretty quickly though. I think I got it within a month. :thumb:

The work is not worth my time or hassle. So, I just buy something else.
I unfortunately agree. I tried the rebate thing once and to do the rebate online I had to take pictures of the UPCs, reciept, orignal order and order number etc, then go to the sight and enter all the personal info then upload everything. So I've got to screenshot, take pics, download and upload...ugh. And not their fault, but I had some issues getting pics uploaded and the process took way too long for it to be worth it to me. Then of course you have to mark your calendar and wait for the check which always seems to take the maximum amount of time-heck, now that this is mentioned I'm trying to remember if I actually got my rebate! Rather just find some ammo on a regular "sale" and buy then and be done.

Back
Top Bottom