• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Feral pig behavior

I started this thread trying to clear up if my assumption of pigs being mainly nocturnal and avoiding humans was false. Couple comments on here seem to indicate pigs do what they want when they want. This is the only pig I have seen on the property and it was in my backyard in broad daylight without a care in the world. I thought it was very strange. No pet food out or anything I'd think would be very enticing for the wildlife to come up on the house like that. My property isn't swampy either.

I started this thread trying to clear up if my assumption of pigs being mainly nocturnal and avoiding humans was false. Couple comments on here seem to indicate pigs do what they want when they want. This is the only pig I have seen on the property and it was in my backyard in broad daylight without a care in the world. I thought it was very strange. No pet food out or anything I'd think would be very enticing for the wildlife to come up on the house like that. My property isn't swampy either.
Is It Blind?

Start feeding it some cracked grain corn mixed with molasses and kill him come cool weather. Right now I usually just leave them laying, an ass ton ticks and other bugs and diseases in hi heat

Not interested in seeing them multiply especially if they look like their next move is to sleep on the porch. I haven't had a game cam up since deer season but I'll get some out to see what I'm dealing with.

Why are you not shooting them?

I posted this in the general forum and figured discussing that would get it moved to the hunting forum. It got moved to the hunting forum anyway. Mostly just interested in hearing if this is something others have seen or not.

Yes pigs do what they want. I hunt them year round. I do worry of disease but take precautions.

I have shoot/seem them in the middle of day on a well traveled road. They don't care. They are mostly nocturnal and like most wildlife avoid others but they just don't care.

Reactions: GFB
Back
Top Bottom