• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Finally back on two wheels

I've a Dyna too! Congratulations on yours! Now paint it, lol.
bike2.jpg

I've gotten some pretty good deals at MotorcycleSuperstore.com especially on tires. They will ship directly to you or an approved shop for you. I saved a lot of money having them ship my tires and a set of Vance & Hines Long Shots to the shop I wanted to do the work. I got free shipping too.

image.jpg image.jpg
I've a Dyna too! Congratulations on yours! Now paint it, lol.
View attachment 681016
Every time I see your bike it makes me want to have mine painted similar to yours. That bike is just absolutely beautiful. The red one is my son's '13 Street Glide, the black one is my '04 Yamaha Roadstar. I know, it ain't a Harley but I like it and it's been a great ride.

View attachment 681034 View attachment 681037
Every time I see your bike it makes me want to have mine painted similar to yours. That bike is just absolutely beautiful. The red one is my son's '13 Street Glide, the black one is my '04 Yamaha Roadstar. I know, it ain't a Harley but I like it and it's been a great ride.
Tazz Tazz
Thanks Tazz, it's the colors I love the most!

I don't know if the guy is still in business, but you can try to contact him.
He was out of Orange, CA and his name Al Martinez Jr., I know because he signed the tank.

I looked him up because I saw one of his paint jobs in a magazine, Iron Horse I think it was, but can't recall for sure.
He was a pleasure to do business with and was using good paint (PPG & House of Color).
I lost use of the bike for only part of a day. He asked what I had and he had a tank and both fenders primed and on a shelf.
We worked out the colors and the design (which he had already done) and I had the painted parts 5 weeks later and sent him the take offs which saved me several hundred dollars.
But this was December of 2000, still it wouldn't hurt to look for him.
Cost, best I recall was $2,600 and that was with powder coating the undersides of both fenders and de-riveting the front fender. PM me if you think I could help you more.
btw- the paint has really stood the test of time.

View attachment 680096 Sold my last motorcycle about 9 years ago and been wanting another ever since. Finally Saturday afternoon I picked up a Harley super glide. Anyone have any suggestions on where to get accessories at a decent price? Thanks for any help.
Sorry we hijacked your thread with pics of our bikes man but you gotta know any time a bike pic is posted we gotta show ours off too. Lol, Glad you're back on two wheels though and that's a really nice ride you have. Knees in the breeze brother!

Tazz Tazz
Thanks Tazz, it's the colors I love the most!

I don't know if the guy is still in business, but you can try to contact him.
He was out of Orange, CA and his name Al Martinez Jr., I know because he signed the tank.

I looked him up because I saw one of his paint jobs in a magazine, Iron Horse I think it was, but can't recall for sure.
He was a pleasure to do business with and was using good paint (PPG & House of Color).
I lost use of the bike for only part of a day. He asked what I had and he had a tank and both fenders primed and on a shelf.
We worked out the colors and the design (which he had already done) and I had the painted parts 5 weeks later and sent him the take offs which saved me several hundred dollars.
But this was December of 2000, still it wouldn't hurt to look for him.
Cost, best I recall was $2,600 and that was with powder coating the undersides of both fenders and de-riveting the front fender. PM me if you think I could help you more.
btw- the paint has really stood the test of time.
Bill, I appreciate the info brother. I'm still working on getting the strength built back up in my leg after breaking the hell out of it last August. I finally started walking without a cane a few weeks ago but still can't hold up 800lbs of motorcycle yet. The steel plate in there is still causing a good bit of pain but nothing I can't live with, my wife wants me to sell the bike and never ride again. After having to wait on me hand and foot for so long has really taken a toll on her mentally & physically. She has MS, just the thought of me getting back on that bike scares her to death. I may end up selling it, we've been together almost 38 years and even though I've been riding most of my life and love it, I love her more.

Went down on this one, air lifted to View attachment 681091 Erlanger back in 2009, Picked up a 2009 Ultra Peace Officers Addition shortly after. BB new we had a lot in common.
Dang DD, I know crashing that beauty hurt in more ways than just physically.

Back
Top Bottom