Finally loaded my first rounds.

Kman

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Trying to escape from Atlanta!!
280   0
Reaction score
After reading, watching videos, talking to reloaders and looking at an endless amount of tools and equipment, I made 12 rounds of .223 last night. My very first cartridges loaded by me! I can't wait to send them down range!! It's a little overwelhming at first. It's taken me a couple months to get to where I felt comfortable and knowledgeable enough to finally reload some rounds. I definitly didn't want to rush and I've never been exposed to any reloading. I already see there's infinite knowledge and even more gadgets. Very excited at this new hobby/addiction. Eventually my goal is accurate loads for "my" shooting/hunting. I won't be doing any pistol or rifle competitions. I slowly gathered equipment, tools and a reloading book. It seems quality control and patience is the best path for me. I bought a couple of presses and the Dillon 550 definitly is a great press for a begginer like me, with the manually indexing turret.

Welcome to your new addiction/hobby. I relate it to brewing your own beer, it doesn't make ammo cheaper because you will probably shoot more now and if you homebrew you tend to drink more... but hey at least you know what your ammo is made from and you can fine tune it to your liking !

Hope to be where you're at shortly. I moved my Midway wish list to the shopping cart a couple of weeks ago and found a smoking hot deal on some gear here on ODT a couple of days later. Right now I am in the process of completing a workshop/workbench project I started back in 2010. Made a deal with my wife that I would finish that first, and it will be a combined woodworking/reloading shop.

Welcome to the club, I started reloading in Jan '16. Primary wanted quality controlled match ammo in 223, 308, 30-06 for CMP/NRA rifle matches. Over 4000 rounds loaded last year, no blown primers, no missfires, no squibs, a couple of cracked cases but the round went down range. I load one at a time on a Forster Co-Ax, I could not be happier with the press.

Back
Top Bottom