• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FINALLY.....SBR and CAN!!!

how quiet would you say the can is? I know its not the movie type "whisper" but what would it be comparable to? I want to get one but only if its really worth it. I hear some guys say its still pretty loud. how far away would you have to be to not hear the gun shoot (educated guess would be fine)? ive also heard that if youre shooting out in the open you wouldn't need ear protection but if your shooting under a covered area then you would still need ear protection. ive heard a can on a 10/22 and all I could hear was the bolt with subsonic ammo. they don't make subsonic for .223 do they? sorry lots of questions but im very interested.

how quiet would you say the can is? I know its not the movie type "whisper" but what would it be comparable to? I want to get one but only if its really worth it. I hear some guys say its still pretty loud. how far away would you have to be to not hear the gun shoot (educated guess would be fine)? ive also heard that if youre shooting out in the open you wouldn't need ear protection but if your shooting under a covered area then you would still need ear protection. ive heard a can on a 10/22 and all I could hear was the bolt with subsonic ammo. they don't make subsonic for .223 do they? sorry lots of questions but im very interested.
From experience I can tell you it still sounds kinda loud. I'm stupid so when I fire suppressed weapons I still refuse to use ear protection. After about 20 min your ears may start to ring. They do make sub 223 rounds. Most of them ain't worth two cents though. It's still worth it as with a can its really hard to pin point where the shots came from. Worth it.

Could you please elaborate on your "Multi" marking issue and how you resolved it? I ask because I am planning on registering an AR lower as an SBR that is already factory marked "Multi" and I was planning writing "Multi" in Block 4c of the Form 1. The only engraving I was planning on doing was my name, city, and state abbreviation.

Thanks in advance!

Could you please elaborate on your "Multi" marking issue and how you resolved it? I ask because I am planning on registering an AR lower as an SBR that is already factory marked "Multi" and I was planning writing "Multi" in Block 4c of the Form 1. The only engraving I was planning on doing was my name, city, and state abbreviation.

Thanks in advance!

This............

I have never had to have the specific caliber engraved on the lower. But, you do have to specify caliber on the Form 1. You cannot put Multi on the Form 1.

Thanks in advance!

Even if your lower says multi, you need to list a caliber in 4c. DO NOT put MULTI. They will send it back. You do not need to do any engraving of the caliber on the lower though. Just name, city, state.

From experience I can tell you it still sounds kinda loud. I'm stupid so when I fire suppressed weapons I still refuse to use ear protection. After about 20 min your ears may start to ring. They do make sub 223 rounds. Most of them ain't worth two cents though. It's still worth it as with a can its really hard to pin point where the shots came from. Worth it.

Thanks for the info buddy

The ATF tech branch said I could list our lowers at "Multi" then have the customer send in a paper after a form 4 approval came back.
The The NFA branch starting cracking down on this 6 months later & would not approve the forms unless a caliber was marked on both form 4 & lower. So no more multi cal lowers from us anymore.. Gotta love bureaucracy.

Sorry boys...didn't realize this thread had some input....Soviet hit the nail on the head..I am still shooting Supersonic ammo so while you do NOT get the muzzle blast, you do get a distinctive sonic Crack down the line a bit. While it isn't very loud, it does take its toll on you after a while. I use electronic hearing protection and it does not always cut the noise...depends on what your situation is and where you are firing from...(surrounding)

As for my Multi issue...it seems that it is up to the examiner as to whether or not they let it through....James at CAW was kind enough to get it engraved for me so it all went thru....

after shooting this set up more and more I really like it...two things I notice though.
1. It gets hot as a mofo out on the end of the hand rail. I recommend using gloves.

2. I am most likly going to replace the Rifle length hand guard to pull my hand back to counter both the heat and the weight..so I will run a 9.5 or 10" rail instead...I am sure I can use the other rail on somthing I have lying round..

Back
Top Bottom