• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Firearms insurance?

TJW1208

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
258   0
Reaction score
Who do you use for firearms insurance other than homeowners? What kind of coverage is offered and at what cost? I need to buy some and no clue where I should go

I think you need to contact your insurance company and ask for a specific rider or something like that.

I just bought a safe instead...

I use the NRA affiliated company, Lockton. I like them because they will insure my NFA trust items as well as my personal firearms on the same account. You just have to name the trust separately on the account. Plus they just dropped their rates considerably when I renewed this year.

I use the NRA affiliated company, Lockton. I like them because they will insure my NFA trust items as well as my personal firearms on the same account. You just have to name the trust separately on the account. Plus they just dropped their rates considerably when I renewed this year.

Awesome thanks

Your firearms "and related items" coverage is just part of your contents coverage limit for perils other than by theft or misplacement (not otherwise limited due to loss by a tornado, fire, etc). Related items includes ammo, holsters, tools, or even your safe if its primarily for weapons.

I have an endorsement that gives me another $15k above my $5k basic policy limit for theft. It was $120/year I think.

In the insurance biz, having that limit conversation with someone after a burglary sucks since I understand that loss fully.

Back
Top Bottom