• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Firearms on a commercial airplane.

As in should they be allowed as carry on by anyone? No. Too many opportunities for bad things to happen.
Yes, that's what I mean.

Isn't that the same argument used against carrying anywhere by the anti gunners?

Just playing devil's advocate here.

There are obviously a couple of risks associated with discharging firearms in airliners flying at altitude. Put a round thru' the skin or a window and you're putting a lot of people at risk, aside from the more general mayhem that could occur from doing so.

Then there's hijacking, but let's face it, that could be achieved by holding any sharp object against flight crew's jugular vein.

I guess the slightly valid justification is that an armed perp has the ability to endanger hundreds of lives with a single violent act.

There are obviously a couple of risks associated with discharging firearms in airliners flying at altitude. Put a round thru' the skin or a window and you're putting a lot of people at risk, aside from the more general mayhem that could occur from doing so.

Then there's hijacking, but let's face it, that could be achieved by holding any sharp object against flight crew's jugular vein.

I guess the slightly valid justification is that an armed perp has the ability to endanger hundreds of lives with a single violent act.
That’s the problem. Not everyone practices enough to accurately shoot in a small contained area. There are so many people on a plane, hitting an innocent bystander is a high probability. Shooting on a plane would be an absolute last resort.

Of course, there are often sky marshals on flights - or used to be.

I'd totally trust a sky marshal to save my hide if rounds had to be fired.

Should they be allowed as carry on or not?

1C5F48B3-EE9A-4418-A66D-08228F3A6ECE.jpeg

That’s the problem. Not everyone practices enough to accurately shoot in a small contained area. There are so many people on a plane, hitting an innocent bystander is a high probability. Shooting on a plane would be an absolute last resort.
What about on a bus?

Back
Top Bottom