• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First Benchmade...sharpening

crippen

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
132   0
Reaction score
I have just gotten into knives and picked up a couple ZTs and a Tabor over the last few months. Well today i picked up my first Benchmade and absolutely love it.

So now that I am amassing knives I'm looking at the Ken onion Worksharp. Any thoughts or other recommendations.

I have just gotten into knives and picked up a couple ZTs and a Tabor over the last few months. Well today i picked up my first Benchmade and absolutely love it.

So now that I am amassing knives I'm looking at the Ken onion Worksharp. Any thoughts or other recommendations.

Microtech ultratech
Chris reeves sebenza

I love the Lansky, its simple and easy to use. I have a Benchmade Griptilian I have kept razor sharp for years and you cant tell its ever been sharpened. I use a homemade leather block with jewelers rouge to perform the final polish.

Which model did you get ? Check out Spyderco's.

Presidio ultra. Here it is next to my EDC ZT

photo (31).jpg
image (29).jpg

I love the Lansky, its simple and easy to use. I have a Benchmade Griptilian I have kept razor sharp for years and you cant tell its ever been sharpened. I use a homemade leather block with jewelers rouge to perform the final polish.

A buddy of mine has the Lansky but he doesn't love it. I will have to ask him for more detail and see why.

All you need is a coffee cup and cereal box... Use the bottom rim of ceramic coffee cup to sharpen the blade and strop it with the cardboard cereal box. :)

You have stepped into some nice knives and now learning to sharpen well is important. A good step is a Spyderco Sharpmaker... Manual sharpening is slower and less likely to damage a blade. The Ken Onion version of the work sharp is great but a bit difficult for a newbie... If you get one, Definitely do a TON of kitchen knives before doing any folders and get a cheap flipper knife to practice on before doing your ZT or other flippers.
I like mine but do not profess to be great with it yet... Do plan to go to the Blade Show at the Cobb Galleria in Jume!!

Back
Top Bottom