• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First murder house I've been in that is listed for sale right now. Realtor had no idea and I found out after walking through the home

Isn't discloser a part of any RE contract?
Nope. My old neighbor had no idea that the house he bought had a teenage boy OD in it just a year earlier from the previous folks living there. They had a son fighting a drug problem. We were on vacation away when it happened. Thank goodness. The whole family was bat **** crazy to begin with. The home owners that live there now say they here things. I don’t doubt it one bit.

I purchased a king size bedroom set from a gentleman whose elderly parents owned before they each passed at different times. Not sure if either died while on the actual bed, but if they did, doesn't matter to me. It's the best sleeping bed we've ever had, I love it (and yes I bought the mattresses/box springs too)!!

Isn't discloser a part of any RE contract?
Disclosure is part of the process but they don't have to disclose anything like a death or murder in the home unless you ask. Realtor motto "Don't ask don't tell". Just bring a black light and a can of luminol to every house.

Don't people die at home? I know they pass in ambulances, on the road, hospitals, assisted living and other places. My father-in-law passed away at his home. I'm trying to find the enigma here. I'm missing it.
I, like a lot of my childhood friends, grew up in house that was over 100 years old. No telling how many people died in there. The truth is dying at home was a common thing a century ago. Never heard/saw any ghosts. Never knew anybody that did.

Buying a home that nobody has ever died in is a fairly late 20th century thing.

Back
Top Bottom