• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First time deer hunting

What are they called? How are they used/set? Tell me more! I have a 6 year old who I’m itching to get out in the woods but he’s like the energizer bunny x100 lol so I want there to be some sort of a chance for a deer to pass by. Or maybe I’m expecting too much too soon for him. Lol
Thats the reason I got one to begin with, my daughter would move around and spook the deer. This works like a champ, I got the runner version which is a little shorter. I just carry some cushions with me. The cool thing is unlike regular blinds you don't have to wait for the deer to get used to them because they can't see them. It unfolds like one of those sun shades that you put up in the window of a car. https://www.ghostblind.com/product/ghostblind-runner-6-panel-blind-with-extenders/

First morning hunt for me tomorrow. :becky: Hopefully it won’t be raining to hard.
Good luck man! I’ll be out rain or shine and going to be cold. Was going to head out this morning but ate and drank too much with family yesterday and didn’t hit the pillow until midnight ha. Alarm went off at 4:30 and I turned it off real quick.

I’ve never hunted but decided to give it a shot this year. My son and I scouted our N Ga property this weekend. We found trails, fresh rubs, tracks and fresh scat. Really exciting being out there and finding all that. Just being out there and knowing deer have been going through there was exciting. However there just isn’t anyway to get away from the road. Our property is only 4 acres and it’s a long skinny plot. If what I read about being 50 yds from the road in Fannin county is correct I need to scratch hunting out there with a rifle. At least until I can see if I can get permission from the guy behind me to encroach his 100 acres a little.

Well today a buddy of mine told me I could go hunt his family’s much larger property, in Maysville, anytime. It’s only an hour away. I can’t wait to get out there and check it out next week.
Awesome...

Make sure you know the property...don't be shootin towards nobody's house or nothin.

How early before sunrise do y’all usually get in the woods?
I shoot for an hour and a half before the official sunrise time myself. Probably earlier than necessary, but you can shut your eyes and just listen for a while. Still new like you so listen to other experienced folks over me for sure.

Back
Top Bottom