• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First time deer hunting

I know right. Wes turned me onto these blinds.
What are they called? How are they used/set? Tell me more! I have a 6 year old who I’m itching to get out in the woods but he’s like the energizer bunny x100 lol so I want there to be some sort of a chance for a deer to pass by. Or maybe I’m expecting too much too soon for him. Lol

What are they called? How are they used/set? Tell me more! I have a 6 year old who I’m itching to get out in the woods but he’s like the energizer bunny x100 lol so I want there to be some sort of a chance for a deer to pass by. Or maybe I’m expecting too much too soon for him. Lol

Give him benadryl before you go hunting.

They are called ghost blinds. They do work, so they are not just a gimmick.

Stay away from the gimmicks, OP. Best advice in today's hunting community, especially being new to hunting. Less is more. Hunt like hell. You'll tag your deer.

I look forward to hearing about you drawing your first blood! There's nothing quite like it. Now is the time. Get 'em!

Already posted this in the 11/18 hunt thread but I figured I’d put it here as well to log my first hunting season....

I got to look at one through my scope. To far away to shoot with a 30-30 in a lot of brush. Riley poked his head up out of the blind and one had snuck up in the side we weren’t watching. He said it looked up at him and ran away. I never saw that one, but he was the one who pointed out the one I did get to see so I believe him. I told him they run when they see something ugly :lol:
AFDD1CE1-F400-463D-9D1C-8D28406E6F44.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom