• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First time...

It's good to be conscientious about your carry. I've learned to wear a longer shirt after buying a better CC rig. I find it easier not to have to explain or worry about the impact to my kids for my personal decisions.

No real advice for ya on this one. Not going to be easy balancing your family's safety and other people's feelings, I'd say pick the one that's more important. It's your job to ensure their safety and it's not always going to be easy on you or your family. Find a smaller/easier to conceal pistol maybe???
I've toyed with the idea, but I hate the trigger on 99% of the small guns or they'll only have a 6 round or so capacity. My family's safety is the most important thing to me, but I go to a lot of family/children oriented places.

No real advice for ya on this one. Not going to be easy balancing your family's safety and other people's feelings, I'd say pick the one that's more important. It's your job to ensure their safety and it's not always going to be easy on you or your family. Find a smaller/easier to conceal pistol maybe???

Forget the smaller pistol buy a better CC rig. I carry a full size M&P40. When the situation comes I'm sure that that will not feel big enough.

It's good to be conscientious about your carry. I've learned to wear a longer shirt after buying a better CC rig. I find it easier not to have to explain or worry about the impact to my kids for my personal decisions.
I wear long shirts and my holster keeps it well to my side, but when I knelt over the way I moved caused it to ride up far enough.

Hell other than the grip I've never given any reason to come ffl as a bad Guy, I'm a yes mam no mam kind of person. I go to all the parent teacher conferences, school events (obviously not carrying) so hopefully by that I displayed a "positive image" as a gun owner and not the crazy redneck or punk.

You know your a gun nut when your phone auto corrects off to "ffl"

:p

I've had the same type of feeling when outed around people who aren't comfortable with guns. It's a natural reaction to caring about other people's feelings.

My take is that if they want to make it an issue then they put there opinion in front of your daughter's safety so screw them.

You always seem to have good opinions on these threads. I don't know you, except thru ODT comments, but you seem to be a good guy. Trust yourself. You'll come up with the right opinion or decision on this for you and your family. Then, don't second guess yourself!

For years I thought those "concealed weapons license" badges were a joke but then I thought that if I put one on my belt next to the gun if I accidentally showed then the badge would also be visible. This way if seem some may not get alarmed, thinking i might be some sort of LE. Certainly not trying to pretend to be just trying to avoid any problem or some ones discomfort. It recently happened in a Target when I was reaching up, saw a lady see me and she just smiled, I was sure she felt more secure seeing the badge next to the gun. Of course she could not read the words on it but the badge itself makes it work.

Back
Top Bottom