• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First time...

Better they find out this way rather than have one of there kids tell them after Bering around you

True, I noticed my right side tends to weigh down further which may have made it happen, so i went a notch tighter on my belt. Yeah, I always tell my daughter when she has play dates she is not to bring them near any of the guns, and when she has her play dates I don't bust out dry firing. I could careless about walmart and would oc if I didn't prefer iwb, but family oriented areas I do get more cautios about my carry piece exposing.

- - - Updated - - -

You know your a gun nut when your phone auto corrects off to "ffl"

:p

Haha yup! preprogrammed that word in too.

I've had the same type of feeling when outed around people who aren't comfortable with guns. It's a natural reaction to caring about other people's feelings.

My take is that if they want to make it an issue then they put there opinion in front of your daughter's safety so screw them.

Advice well taken.

You always seem to have good opinions on these threads. I don't know you, except thru ODT comments, but you seem to be a good guy. Trust yourself. You'll come up with the right opinion or decision on this for you and your family. Then, don't second guess yourself!

Thanks man.

I agree with the above regarding your decision making on your threads at odt. Personally I do not like carrying from 3 to 9 oclock. Prefer 1-2 o'clock with a shield iwb with a cheap Mikes holster. Comfortable and less prone to the 'oops my shirt came up, wasn't long enough, etc...' Then again not a glock guy so it may not be as small...

I feel your pain....I run my own business and do not OC....for fear of running off business or drawing unwanted attention.

I know what you are going as I have walked the same path myself....You don't want to be viewed as a "extremist" by some, you certainly don't want to cause your child any undo social stress....but at the end of the day you will have to come to terms as to WHY YOU carry...you are not obligated to justify your reasons to anyone...but it is good to be able to articulate to others your rational for carrying should the topic come up.

The longer you carry, the more your reasons become clear, at least that is how it worked for me. Early on, my wife, who was NOT raised around guns, thought I was a bit paranoid...now, in certain situations, she will reach around my waist as if to give me a hug or a squeeze, but she is really looking for the same reassurance that I have when I carry....and she knows I train regularly, I am safe, and proficient....and it makes her feel better now too...

Best of luck,
shane

For years I thought those "concealed weapons license" badges were a joke but then I thought that if I put one on my belt next to the gun if I accidentally showed then the badge would also be visible. This way if seem some may not get alarmed, thinking i might be some sort of LE. Certainly not trying to pretend to be just trying to avoid any problem or some ones discomfort. It recently happened in a Target when I was reaching up, saw a lady see me and she just smiled, I was sure she felt more secure seeing the badge next to the gun. Of course she could not read the words on it but the badge itself makes it work.

What your also doing is making people think it is only ok for people to have a gun if they have a badge which most of them already do think that. But you actually bought one of those LOL:laugh:

I carry a G19 iwb also. When I do have to pick something up off the ground, there's a pause while I tell myself to pick it up like a girl wearing a short skirt.

Back
Top Bottom