• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First time...

It would not bother me one bit, i don't give a filp about what other people think of me and my guns.

It's not so much that I care, as when I go to walmart I honestly don't give a damn.
But, when it comes to my daughters social events, I have to pay a bit more discretion.

Just let this person read your post and it will take care of your concerns. I think this person still feels very comfortable around you. Truth be known she should feel safer with you around.

Just let this person read your post and it will take care of your concerns. I think this person still feels very comfortable around you. Truth be known she should feel safer with you around.

True. I don't know the girls mom very well, but my wife does. My daughter has her little circle of friends so I've seen her several times, met her dad at the past several dances. (Father daughter dances and barn dances), parent teacher conferences, even though I haven't been to a meeting in a few months, I also hold a pta card. Hopefully when thepeople that matter notice my gun, they also notice that I have raised a very sweet daughter, attend school functions, and do my hardest to be a good father, so where as if they do have negative feelings towards guns in general, hopefully i set a positive example.

Why should you feel paranoid or bad about showing accidently, your legal and licensed. The lady/people your worried about having offended could possibly be hiding something far worse than you hiding your pistol, such as their past criminal history, DUI charges, etc. I would'nt lose any sleep over semi-strangers thoughts on me & my families personal saftey decisions. All you need to be concerned about is obeying the law and being a responsable gun owner which I'm sure you are.

If I am forced to be with people not accustomed to guns I will try to pocket carry.
if I can't I don't worry about it. I'd rather my children be associated with like minded families.

So Ill be honest, I haven't had my carry license very long. I'm a big time gun nut as many here know, and have no shame of my love of guns. I carry iwb with a long t shirt over it. Anyways, I had my carry piece on me when I went to pick up my daughter from a birthday party at sparkles in kennesaw. I've met the girls parents several times and always made good impressions, I've gone to several dances and events at my daughters school so her parents have only seen me doing positive activities. I've met her parents at other bday parties, sleep overs, etc. So as were leaving the skating rink, my wife asked me to pick up my daughters skates. I knelt down and tried to be careful, but it happened. My shirt slipped over my grip, and her mom had a sudden shocked look on her face, and I honestly felt embarrassed for somereason. Afterwards she was very nice as we said our good byes and everything, but on the way home all I could think was great, there may be a small chance my daughter doesn't get invited next time or something along those lines. I wasn't doing anything illegal, wasn't acting like a punk, I was dressed decent, sat there patiently bouncing my son on my knee while waiting for my wife so all I displayed was a positive image, but for some reason, I got physically embarrassed about it. Had it have been a stranger, I would not have cared, but I'm not real sure why it bothered me to let someone else see it. I dunno, advice?

It's not you...it's her. She embarrassed you, not the gun. Forget about it.

Funny story, maybe, I used to have this t-shirt that said...I'd rather be snorting cocaine off a hookers ass.
I would wear it sometimes, I think my girlfriend threw it away, nevertheless, a lady noticed it once, VERY awkward moment occurred shortly after she read it. Did I stop wearing the t-shirt? No. Is my t-shirt equally as offensive as your gun?
To some it is. Moral to the story...at least your gun doesn't make you an a hole.
Be your own butterfly.

Back
Top Bottom