• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Flat tire

Honestly if it was withint an inch of the sidewall you don't want it patched. If there were two blatantly apparent holes next to eachother you don't want it patched either. This is for your own safety. Has nothing to do with greed other than them not wanting to get sued because they patched a too damaged tire. You can thank the litigious nature of the world today before bashing a really great, Christian, company. I have NO affiliation with Discount Tire.

Did you not buy the tire warranty certificates? It's like $20 a tire. Free replacement if damaged and unrepairable....

I keep a plug kit in my truck and one at home. Stuff like that will plug just fine. (Plug kit cost $6.00)

1666051885135.png

Honestly if it was withint an inch of the sidewall you don't want it patched. If there were two blatantly apparent holes next to eachother you don't want it patched either. This is for your own safety. Has nothing to do with greed other than them not wanting to get sued because they patched a too damaged tire. You can thank the litigious nature of the world today before bashing a really great, Christian, company. I have NO affiliation with Discount Tire.

Did you not buy the tire warranty certificates? It's like $20 a tire. Free replacement if damaged and unrepairable....
The tires came on my new truck so no certs but all the other vehicles and trailers have the certs!

You can always carry a plug kit and a air compressor :).

Did you have road hazard, if so they will replace it.

Discount Tire and Costo are "picky" about patching, they want to do things right, and also want to avoid any liability. This has always been the policy of Discount tire anytime I went to them and most major shops now.

If you want something patched that is different, you will need to find a "Random tire shop" that is not a chain, and still you might need to sign form stating you can't sue.

Don't blame discount tire, blame our society.

I will say as a younger man I would plug that and go on, however I do like the patch/plug combo, and saving money to me on a tire is not worth my safety. So I normally will just get a new tire, and you could patch that one later for a spare?

If you bought the tire from discount tire it comes with their road hazard. They will either patch it or replace it. I put a new set of Michelin pilots sports on my car 3 months ago. Picked up a screw too close to the sidewall to patch 200 miles in. New tire, In and out 1.5 hrs. $0

If you bought the tire from discount tire it comes with their road hazard. They will either patch it or replace it. I put a new set of Michelin pilots sports on my car 3 months ago. Picked up a screw too close to the sidewall to patch 200 miles in. New tire, In and out 1.5 hrs. $0
you had to pay for another certificate in order for the replacement tire to be covered.... I've been using Discount / America tire for over 20 years. The tire in question came on my new truck so it doesn't have the certs from Discount.

Back
Top Bottom