• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Discount Tire /Tire Rack

harrycalahan

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
116   0
Reaction score
Just came here to say I had a great experience with both. I didnt realize DT now owns TR. Had my tires shipped to the local DT free and I was in and out in less than an hour. They were incredibly thorough, professional, and polite. Its a well run business and a rare model now days. Especially in the auto industry. And to top it off, I got a great deal (by todays prices) on some closeout 17” Generals @)107/tire. Another perk is TR includes free road hazard.

I switched to Discount Tire after using Mavis for years. They are great to deal with and get you in and out unlike Mavis without having to come back because they did something wrong. Great to know to about TR also.

I love Tire Rack to research (especially the rankings for hydroplaning) then look for the best price.

If my local mom & pop store can get the tires, even if a bit more expensive, I'll use them. Otherwise I'll buy on line and have the tires shipped to me or the local shop.

I think Tire Rack started trying to push you to use certain shops for shipping, but it's been a couple of years.

Thank you for the review.

Just came here to say I had a great experience with both. I didnt realize DT now owns TR. Had my tires shipped to the local DT free and I was in and out in less than an hour. They were incredibly thorough, professional, and polite. Its a well run business and a rare model now days. Especially in the auto industry. And to top it off, I got a great deal (by todays prices) on some closeout 17” Generals @)107/tire. Another perk is TR includes free road hazard.

I should have gone to DT/TR..... just purchased a set of tires at Mavis and had to go back two more times because they didn’t know how to balance tires......would shimmy/bounce down the interstate at 70mph.

I have to say I really like Discount tire myself. They've done me well having to stop in with no appointment and getting taken care of quickly and back on the road. It's happened a few times. Also the cheapest prices I could find too.

My local mom and pop tire shop **** all over me after 20 plus years of dedicated return service. I told the owner that my shadow will NEVER darken his doorway again. Switched to DT and have been completely satisfied since. I have a friend that gets me my stickies cheap, and DT does the install…

I have to say I really like Discount tire myself. They've done me well having to stop in with no appointment and getting taken care of quickly and back on the road. It's happened a few times. Also the cheapest prices I could find too.
If you make an appointment you are in and out in less than 45 minutes. They run a well oiled machine.

Back
Top Bottom