• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Flu Shots

My advice, don't get a shot, do the research and educate your wife about why you shouldnt get one and especially why your child shouldnt get one. Either way, just be informed about what your putting into your body

inkdaddy:468110 said:
My world are licensed and registered Pharmacists who have been trained and certified in administering inoculations. My wife's world are the same plus Registered Nurses who are also trained and certified in administering inoculations.
Must be a government job. Im guessing.

Must be a government job. Im guessing.

Why would you think that??...Government RPh's make less money than in the private sector.......thats the industry standard right now for Pharmacists.....in a retail environment it is 50 to 55 dollars an hour...in a clinical environment it is a little less...somewhere around 45.00 per hour....

So inkdaddy since you are smart would you tell all the rest of us on here what is in them and I am assuming you were there when the vaccines were made.
I'm not that smart...and no i was not there when they..(vaccine's).. were developed. I have worked in the Medical/Pharmacy world for over 25 years. I work with the elderly every day. Flu shots are a personal choice....If you don't want one...don't get one....I work with over 500 patients. 90% of them get flu shots every year.....to my knowledge know one who i service has had a bad reaction from this years flu shot.......Does it help??...I hope so..........my first and initial response was to your comment referring to 8.00 hr. workers administering flu shots....again, I don't know of anyone giving flu shots who is making 8.00 an hour.

There are two types of influenza vaccine:
1. Inactivated (killed) vaccine, the “flu shot,” is given by
injection with a needle.
2. Live, attenuated (weakened) influenza vaccine is
sprayed into the nostrils. This vaccine is described in a
separate Vaccine Information Statement.
A “high-dose” inactivated influenza vaccine is available
for people 65 years of age and older. Ask your doctor for
more information.
Influenza viruses are always changing, so annual
vaccination is recommended. Each year scientists try to
match the viruses in the vaccine to those most likely to
cause flu that year. Flu vaccine will not prevent disease
from other viruses, including flu viruses not contained in
the vaccine.
It takes up to 2 weeks for protection to develop after the
shot. Protection lasts about a year.

My wife has MS and she MUST get a flu shot every year, and to keep myself from getting the flu and giving it to her I get one too. She usually feels kinda crappy for a day or two after getting the shot, I just have a sore shoulder for a about a day. I don't take any chances when it comes to my wife's health, any type of illness which causes a high fever can cause my wife to have an acute attack that can render her unable to walk or even see. So far since we've been getting the flu shots neither one of us have had the flu. I've had the flu before in years past before I started taking the shots and believe me, I don't ever want to get that crap again. Once I wound up getting pneumonia as a complication of the flu and damn near died because of it. You cannot get the flu from the flu vaccine. Some people just have a reaction to the shot but it's NOT THE FLU.

I get them every year. No problems. I also get a couple of other vaccinations when needed, too. I don't just do it for myself. Anything to keep my grandbabies safe when they're around me. I've got a few heart problems that require a flu shot, just like I have to take antibiotics before I go to the dentist.

The evidence is overwhelmingly in favor of getting vaccines, flu shot included. It's less urgent for young, healthy people, but let's not forget that the flu kills people every year. We're pretty safe here in the United States, but that's mostly because of widespread use of vaccines. So for those of you that say "oh, I never get the flu, why should I get the shot?", the answer is that your neighbors and co-workers probably DID get the shot and protect you through herd immunity.

The vaccine this year, from what I understand, covers three strains, including "swine" flu. Yes, you'll have some soreness. Yes, you might get a little sniffle or whatever for a couple of days. Yes, actually getting the flu is way worse.

I get the shot every year and so does everyone in my family. I also work in healthcare for both civilian and military.

Back
Top Bottom