• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Fluted vs Non Fluted

Besides the weight.. It really just comes down to cosmetic differences. Very minor differences in heat dissipation, but that's negligible on a 22.

To say the heat dissipation is negligible on a 22 really depends how much you shoot and how fast. Having te fluted barrel can double the surface area for air to flow across and cool .... If you can get the fluted one and it isn't a lot more money I would .... It's a great way to get the stiffness of a heavy barrel with ought the weight and added cooling benefit

To say the heat dissipation is negligible on a 22 really depends how much you shoot and how fast. Having te fluted barrel can double the surface area for air to flow across and cool .... If you can get the fluted one and it isn't a lot more money I would .... It's a great way to get the stiffness of a heavy barrel with ought the weight and added cooling benefit
Good point. Obviously if you're shooting FA or just dumping mag after mag it's gonna get toasty. But the vast majority of us don't shoot like that.

Either way, I'd recommend to go with the shorter fluted barrel.. Get the benefits of the bull barrel with the lightest possible weight.

I just snatched up one of these:

[Broken External Image]:

I love the look of the barrel, plus it cuts 4oz off the weight of the slab-side "competition" model.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom