• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fly Fishing Thread .....

I was having zero luck yesterday during lunch so I tied on a #6 Aberdeen hook and a Pink trout magnet....Kablammo.. They catch anything that swims in a creek. Bass, Bluegills, etc...
upload_2019-11-23_10-21-58.jpeg

I am in the market for a pair of Size 13 Felt Bottom Fly Fishing boots....If you have a nice pair you want to get rid of let me know..
I'm not 100% sure this is still the case, so you should probably research it, but I think using felt boots is frowned upon because they have a tendency to transfer plant and animal life from one stream to another.

I'm not 100% sure this is still the case, so you should probably research it, but I think using felt boots is frowned upon because they have a tendency to transfer plant and animal life from one stream to another.
I see a big mix around town. Felt and Rubber, I am more concerned about me falling on slippery rocks,

If you stay in the streams in Georgia, you should be fine. The problem starts when you wear felt in other states and import the invasive plants and algae to other states.

A teaspoon of bleach in a gallon of water to wash the felt. Then follow up with baking soda and water to neutralize the bleach and you should be fine.

If you stay in the streams in Georgia, you should be fine. The problem starts when you wear felt in other states and import the invasive plants and algae to other states.

A teaspoon of bleach in a gallon of water to wash the felt. Then follow up with baking soda and water to neutralize the bleach and you should be fine.
Good to know! Thanks.

Anyone ever experiment with those cheap rods off amazon or Ebay? I am looking for a 3 wt fly rod and wanted some feedback. Seems hit or miss.
Amazon has a full spread of quality. Everything from POS to top quality. Well, not crazy top, like G. Loomis. You need to research each brand and model. I would start by reading the reviews on Amazon and then a general internet search for anything that looks good enough to follow up on.

Back
Top Bottom