• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FN SCAR owners

I love mine and says yes. To me it's not on "how it shoots", thoitnis very accurate and it's a CHF barrel which matters to me. It's fully ambidextrous, breaks down in a breeze but you have to realize you aren't comparing Apple's to Apple's. SCAR's are piston driven (long stroke specifically) not DI (Direct Impingement as the original and vast majority of AR style rifles are operated). It operates WAYYYY more cleanly than DI, like not even comparable which translates to easier to clean, cleaning less often, less likely to malfunction from carbon build up/fouling. Just my .02

Thanks for the input guys. I haven't bought anything in a while, especially with 2 kids lol. so my next purchase will be my "unicorn gun." Just not sure which caliber I will go with.

When you do get a 17 get the FDE they are more accurate, or so the joke goes on FNforum
Tacticool. Lol I cant stand the color difference in the lower and upper for the FDE. But who knows. It's growing on me. Like I've said, this purchase is a while out. Chicks dig SCARs!

I have both, and Id say they are both worth it.

If you truly compare feature for feature, the scar platform is only slightly more expensive than the AR style counterparts.
Piston guns are not cheap, unless you buy garbage, but if you are considering a Scar then I already see your taste wouldn't allow that.

Im closer to you than DinkyDau DinkyDau , you are welcome to try them if you want. I also second the Super Scar trigger, it is a must have.
You are quite booshie lol

Tacticool. Lol I cant stand the color difference in the lower and upper for the FDE. But who knows. It's growing on me. Like I've said, this purchase is a while out. Chicks dig SCARs!

All the shades soon enough becomes a game of how many shades can I get.

I’m close to 10 now

You are quite booshie lol
I thought we established that off of ODT HAHA

As far as piston guns go, I had a Sig 556XI. That was the biggest flop of a rifle next to the ACR. No spare barrels or caliber kits ever. (Well, bushy finally has barrels this year)

Back
Top Bottom