• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

For all the Tundra love....

abeaty2

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
119   0
Reaction score
So I am the very happy owner of an 08 Toyota Tundra. I have never had any issues with it, well until about 30 minutes ago.

All of a sudden my dash lit up like a Christmas tree and I lost brakes. Luckily I did not hit anyone and was able to get to the side of the road without damage. Got it back to the house now. I am guessing it is a bad abs module. I hooked up my scanner in my driveway and all wheel speed sensors seem to be working as they should. I am nervous to move it more than the driveway due to the recent problem I had. I am curious if any of the other tundra owners on here have experienced the same problem??

I want to be sure that it is the abs module before it is replaced as it is a little over 1k.

Any input would be appreciated.

Dumb question. Have you checked to make sure you have brake fluid and don't have a busted line?

Seems crazy that if an ABS module went bad, it would cause brake failure (unless it's leaking all the fluid out).

My guess is something in the system has caused a pressure drop and that's causing the issues maybe.

Then again, I am just someone who tinkers with cars.

Wallace's Wallace's i would have agreed with you if it didn't start working properly after turning it off and back on. Mechanically everything is sound.

The truck does have a leveling kit on it and I have seen where the steering angle sensor can cause this problem. I will know more in a little while when I get my buddies big boy scanner over.

Edit: it has brakes, they just wouldn't stop. The abs and traction control were going crazy.

Kyzrsoze Kyzrsoze , thanks for the link. The steering angle sensor portion of that re-Enforces my skepticism of that system. We will see

Thanks

So you had a total loss of braking? Wtf? I think there was some issue and recall with Toyota brakes not stopping a year or two ago. It caused several accidents.

Back
Top Bottom