• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

For all the Tundra love....

You know that pulsating you get on wet or ice applying brakes

This happens even on dry when something fails

Sensor module etc
I understand what ABS is, and that it could malfunction, but I wouldn't think it could cause the brake to quit working altogether. Which I think is what OP is saying. IDK either man, just doesn't sound right.

Lockout Lockout , clearly you have been around a car or two. I may be wrong, I sure as hell hope not, but everything is testing out as it should. I know it sounds too good to be true.

I really do appreciate all the input. I hope that it was an easy fix and to share this with other people that have the same problem. However, I do not endorse resetting fault codes and thinking everything is ok.

@sinac84, same to you. Thanks for the input.

I hope to have a positive update over the next few days.

No

You know that pulsating you get on wet or ice applying brakes

This happens even on dry when something fails

Sensor module etc

What gets me now op saying this has been issue past and tech or shop new his truck with said issues

Clearing clearing clearing
Is shade trees best guess what is wrong

But what do I know about cars lol

Not with my particular truck. I have seen/read the same issue with other tundras.

For clarification purposes, my brakes acted as if they were on ice. I had brake pedal and the abs was going nuts. They acted as they would work but could not get through the the abs.

image.jpg
Bought mine new in 2008. It's a 5.7 4x4 double cab. I'm at 73k now. It has had a water pump replaced because of seeping out the weep hole at 35k and the air pumps went out at 45k which put the truck in limp mode. The air pumps are warrantied until 150k through toyota now but I found a bypass for them if it happens again. They only force air into the motor for a few seconds at start up for better emissions. When they go out you will know it. Every light on the dash light up and it will only hit 20mph going downhill. I still love the truck and have no plans on getting rid of it anytime soon. It has Bilstein 5100's on it now in the middle notch and is perfect in my opinion. Never had any issue like OP is talking about and hope I don't.

Back
Top Bottom