• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

For men over 55 only, thank you...

There is no waiting period in Georgia to buy a firearm, GWL or not, regardless of handgun or long gun. Don't know if there's ever been. Hasn't been one since at least '89 when I moved there.
kinda what I thought, however I have a carry permit, so really didn't know....

There is no waiting period in Georgia to buy a firearm, GWL or not, regardless of handgun or long gun. Don't know if there's ever been. Hasn't been one since at least '89 when I moved there.

Ok… I perhaps I have misspoken…. my comment was based on my recollection of having to wait for a background check (which took a couple days) when I bought a handgun in 2015…. but now that I think about it, that was probably just an FFL issue rather than a "waiting period" per se…. since obtaining a CWP in 2015, I have simply filled out the 4473 and walked out the door…. but I expect ANYONE can do that as long as the FFL can process the transaction….

There's nothing better than getting paid to look out the window....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Perhaps I have misunderstood an earlier comment…

Can one of you guys offer some more detailed comment on what you are questioning about my assertment of not being able to purchase a handgun from an FFL and walk out of the store with it "same day"?

To echo Geaux's comment, I have bought several handguns since I moved to Georgia in the early 90's.

Even before I got a Georgia Weapons Carry License, I walked out the door with the weapon after the background check cleared. I've never had to come back the next day.

That’s a fine gat and those grips are beautiful.
Thank you.
Quality Sambar stags are getting hard (and expensive) to find.

Other side
6EC411A0-4EAE-4DF6-9B9B-A846B27F2FF0.jpeg

Bought my first German P 38 for $5 and a M1 Garand for $10, geeze, I spend that much for a Coffee now.. Any one have a Time Machine I could borrow???? :doh:

Well, if it’s any "consolation"…. I think the actual cost is the same on most things today as they were 40 years ago…. the numbers are just bigger because the dollar ain’t worth nuthin'…. Back mid-70s I bought a new car that cost about $5500 and my income was about $12,000/yr…. today, a new car is $40k with a $90k-$100k income….

Back
Top Bottom