• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

For Snr. Citizen-which shotty: Mossberg 835 or Shockwave

894FF553-A287-43C3-9651-79D2C81C546D-183-0000001CFDA3A14F.jpeg
THIS WILL DO AND NO RECOIL..

Got one of these for my dad and he loves it. Moss 500 in .410
View attachment 1357533

I agree with this choice. Get him something that is both manageable and familiar to him. Definitely not something out of his ordinary that will require practice to become effective with.

Most of my elders are familiar with pump action shotguns. A few of my aunt's have been known to tote one through the garden in case they were to run across Johnny no-shoulders.

Lever action .30 .30. Shotty will be all over the place.

All due respect but in that high stress situation I would want it to be all over the place. Point in the direction and shoot. In a housing situation it would be kind of hard to miss, espically down a hallway.

But again, it depends on the level of skill if any the said person has.

Lower skill level/experience = shotgun IMO.

All due respect but in that high stress situation I would want it to be all over the place. Point in the direction and shoot. In a housing situation it would be kind of hard to miss, espically down a hallway.

But again, it depends on the level of skill if any the said person has.

Lower skill level/experience = shotgun IMO.
Sorry, but this simply isn't true, though it is a common myth. At typical home defense distances a shotgun pattern will be little larger than a single projectile would be. Lower skill level/ experience = low recoil, high capacity and fast reloads. None of that = shotgun.

Sorry, but this simply isn't true, though it is a common myth. At typical home defense distances a shotgun pattern will be little larger than a single projectile would be. Lower skill level/ experience = low recoil, high capacity and fast reloads. None of that = shotgun.

Type of round and distance of intruder all play a factor. Let's just agree that we disagree.

For me and my house I have a shotgun and pistol by the bed and yes I have plenty of other weapons to choose from.

Gun person? If so I'm guessing they wouldn't be asking for help choosing.

Non gun person? I would recommend a 38 special revolver.

I would never recommend a shockwave to anyone for home defense. Shotguns are offensive weapons, not defensive weapons and the shockwave is nothing more than a novelty.

Back
Top Bottom