• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

For those that live in Blue Ridge, Ellijay, and Jasper good news

Nothing but carpet baggers and Atlanta folks there trying to escape the hordes. Problem is they are the hordes. They bring their vile culture and attitudes with them.
Jasper has indeed grown significantly from transplants in the Metro area, but the city and county are still largely decent conservative people. When I first came here 20 something years ago I needed my GA WCL license renewed because it was expiring. Went to the probate court and the lady said, "Whatchu need, honey?" Told her and she said, "go on over to the jail and get the background check and come back. By the time you get back it'll be here ready." 30 minutes. As opposed to three months when I was in Cobb. It's still largely like that here still. On most any problem involving 'government' I can walk in and explain what I need and get it right away - courteously. In Cobb, I'd be told I don't have the right this or that, followed by a "Next!"

Jasper has indeed grown significantly from transplants in the Metro area, but the city and county are still largely decent conservative people. When I first came here 20 something years ago I needed my GA WCL license renewed because it was expiring. Went to the probate court and the lady said, "Whatchu need, honey?" Told her and she said, "go on over to the jail and get the background check and come back. By the time you get back it'll be here ready." 30 minutes. As opposed to three months when I was in Cobb. It's still largely like that here still. On most any problem involving 'government' I can walk in and explain what I need and get it right away - courteously. In Cobb, I'd be told I don't have the right this or that, followed by a "Next!"
We love living in Jasper. Wish we didn’t have to pay school taxes but it’s a small price to pay. Have to plan our trips to town, but it’s worth it. Thank goodness we live close to the Jasper Mini-Mall aka the Dollar General.

I believe it

Agree to disagree

They used to make an amazing Philly back in the early 2000’s when they used actual steak. These days they use boars head processed roast beef. It’s still good but kind of like how 93 octane is still better than 87 octane but not as good as ethanol free before Obama added 🌽
late 90s early 2000s...best cheesesteaks ever, cooked on a flat top...$6 for a 12". best lunch ever.
Yeah its been about that long since I had one.

My wife is happy. I'm not. Hopefully a natural disaster comes and irreparably damages 515 just north of Jasper without harming anyone that lives there. By the time I'm done building up the farm and our dream house it will be surrounded by neighborhoods, the property taxes will skyrocket, and I'll just want to sell it all and move again. Crap.

Good luck with your growth. Embrace it or move. I had to come to terms with this in and around Houston County---- 4 Krogers----4 Publix--- 3 Super Walmarts--- 2 Walmart Neighborhood Markets ----5 Public Highschools----1 Aldi ---1 Food Depot ---1 Giant Foods. And now they are building 4 story apartment complexes anywhere they can buy land.

Back
Top Bottom