• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

? for those who reload sub 9mm for suppressor use

Shoot out of a factory glock barrel so I think lead is a no go. Was figuring 40 per lb of n320( aware this gets cheaper at 4lbs but want to start small)

1250 hornady fmj for 167

1k CCI primers for 31

Obviously all can be had slightly cheaper with bulk, which is the route I will take assuming this becomes the obsession I expect. Any places to cut cost here? Is that kit g2g for my first 1k rounds before switching to a digital scale, trickier, ect?

Edited to add;

And dies. Will any brand work? Need the resizing die too ?

Not true, there are a whole bunch of us that have been shooting 147gr lead reloads out of our Glocks for years now. I know I have 5k through my 34 without a problem. Yes one of the dies will be a resizing die, its the same one that kicks the old primer out. Buy a 4 die set, with Lee the last die is a factory sizing die, if it goes in and out of that one it's sure to chamber.

Bayou bullets work well and are cheap if you buy in bulk. The smell a little funny but. I used the 135 gr. with 3.2 of titegroup. They worked in a Glock and are subsonic.
Good Luck!

My fav 9mm "suppressor" load

147gr xtreme bullet
3.2gr vv n320
1.140"oal
light crimp

very very quiet load and in my experience doesn't slam the action so it produces less action noise.

ALWAYS shoot a 5 shot group or two to confirm they're stabilizing before threading the can on.

More or less the load I had been thinking avout starting with. Hate the idea of having to go to an actual gun range just to test 5-10 rounds before shooting suppressed though. Guessing you check oal with calipers and adjust accordingly, will the press auto crimp as it seats the bullet on the final stage?

More or less the load I had been thinking avout starting with. Hate the idea of having to go to an actual gun range just to twatb5-10 rounds before shooting suppressed though. Guessing you check oal with calipers and adjust accordingly, will the press auto crimp as it seats the bullet on the final stage?

how exatly does one "twatb" ammo?

Did you already order it? Cabela's actually carries it locally for cheaper. I would HIGHLY suggest buying it there. My buddy bought one there for .40 and had nothing but issues with it, so he was able to return it easily.

Appreciate the heads up, I'll have to check with the wifey to see of it is en route yet (Xmas present)

My fav 9mm "suppressor" load

147gr xtreme bullet
3.2gr vv n320
1.140"oal
light crimp

very very quiet load and in my experience doesn't slam the action so it produces less action noise.

ALWAYS shoot a 5 shot group or two to confirm they're stabilizing before threading the can on.

More or less the load I had been thinking about starting with. Hate the idea of having to go to an actual gun range just to test 5-10 rounds before shooting suppressed though. Guessing you check oal with calipers and adjust accordingly, will the press auto crimp as it seats the bullet on the final stage?

On a 3 die set the last die will do a crimp if you wish, but you don't need a crimp per se, you shouldn't even see it on the brass if you have it set right. The only time I've ever really needed to crimp was in making rounds for a .30/.30. Where you are pushing one round against the other to load the magazine. Slight crimp on .223's and .270, but almost none on pistol loads.

On a 4 die set the 3rd and 4th can crimp. The 3rd will seat the projectile and is the one I set to crimp. That 4th die ensures the round is factory specs. This way you don't have to drop each one in a chamber gauge to make sure it will chamber. It's a nice die to have if you shoot any of your reloads for competition. It would suck to lost time because one wouldn't chamber.

Yes check OAL with calipers, that 3rd die that seats the projectile has a screw on top for adjusting OAL.

And get good load data from somebody for what you want. It'll save a lot of trips to the range and they'll tell you if it's tried and proven load for what you are trying to do with it. You sure don't have to start from scratch!

Back
Top Bottom