• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ford Ready to Ship Thousands of F-Series Pickups Out

Car dealerships aren't the ODT. People aren't going to pay more for used than new.

If the new is available, that is.
Oh yea they will ,
I’ve seen lots of times where an identical new vehicle is the same price or less than the used one.

happens a lot with Toyota pickups and some volkswagens for some odd reason.

I guess some people who are on a budget never shop for a new car and always think the used one is cheaper

I’ve never bought a new one . Always get used , normally at an auction or somewhere that I’m not paying retail.

I only drive Ford trucks. I like buying American, and I like that they didn't take a bailout from the gubmint - the biggest crooks of all. I have a 2022 F250 Tremor ordered with a build week of 8/2/21. Now where can I can one of those "my carbon footprint is bigger than yours" bumper stickers to piss off the libtards?
Dunno
But I have a sticker that says “powered by recycled dinosaurs”
On the back of one of my junkers .

Sure wish they'd get the damn Broncos out the door. Been waiting far too long for ours to be built. Seems like the trucks are jumping the line.
I saw a yellow one at the truck stop and BBQ at exit 5 in Waco/Tallapoosa last week.
The real bronco not the rebadged escape .

I only drive Ford trucks. I like buying American, and I like that they didn't take a bailout from the gubmint - the biggest crooks of all. I have a 2022 F250 Tremor ordered with a build week of 8/2/21. Now where can I can one of those "my carbon footprint is bigger than yours" bumper stickers to piss off the libtards?
lmao they didn't take a bailout but they definitely took TARP funding. Also the f250 and up are built in America-- With very few american made parts.

Sure wish they'd get the damn Broncos out the door. Been waiting far too long for ours to be built. Seems like the trucks are jumping the line.
Well, if Ford’s going to keep the F150 the top selling pickup, they got to get them out there.
That record’s more important to them than a handful of Broncos.

We....excuse me....my wife is excited for it. It'll be her vehicle. We ordered the 2 door to stay as true to the original Bronco as possible. I let her go wild with the options. She's a hard worker, a great wife and mother and and deserves it. I've never had a brand new car, let alone one built the way I wanted it.

There was no way we were going to settle for the Sport. That thing is for the impatient soccer moms LOL
My wife is still driving a 21 year old car with 250k on it that we bought at an auction 15 years ago. It hasn’t been updated with a newer one because they no longer make that car
In a manual trans.
she makes good money and could buy whatever she wants ,but likes her old car.

Was watching a car garage show last night and they were working on an older Eagle Talon and she mentioned that she missed the one she bought in 1994 and wouldn’t mind having another one if you could find one in good condition. “But it’s gotta be a five speed, I hate automatic cars”

I hate all the domestic brand dealers.
Would love a Tundra, but it is essentially the same truck / drivetrain since 2007. Not spending $50k on a 14 year old truck.
Chevy has the "reliability" and Ford has the POWER. Your mileage may vary.

Ford dealers are crooks. Mall of GA, Gwinnett Place Ford. All stink. They lie. They BS. They won't honor any pricing. I've tried. All excuses and try to upsell into insane priced trucks I don't need.

Akins I have heard is great, but they always equip their f150's with useless (to me) options. I don't need bling wheels or some of the BS options. Get me a crew cab, 6.5 ft bed, 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 w/max tow package. I'm happy. Can't find them locally. 95% of the buyers are commuters that wear dresses and sip latte.

Chevy 5.3 is gutless unless you get the 6.2. Guess what, dealers only put the 6.2 with optioned trucks or their higher end trucks. I want a trail boss basic 4wd w/the 6.2 that stickers for mid-upper 40's. IMPOSSIBLE to find.

So I continue to drive an 8 year old silverado z71 and Ram3500 w/the loud and obnoxious 5.9 liter cummins.

and remember --------------
Your mileage may vary.
The tundra not being updated since 2007 is actually a plus to me .
It’s a solid design and there’s not as much computer crap on it like all the other vehicles have .

you’re right about the trucks on the lot though,
There’s no middle of the road models. They have a few el-strippo work trucks and the rest all have every possible option and cost $60k
If you want a normal truck you have to special order it and wait.

It’s a solid design and there’s not as much computer crap on it like all the other vehicles have .

you’re right about the trucks on the lot though,
There’s no middle of the road models. They have a few el-strippo work trucks and the rest all have every possible option and cost $60k
If you want a normal truck you have to special order it and wait.
so....Toyota's recent "Social Injustice" Press Release doesn't come into play at all?

Toyota Statement on Social Injustice - Toyota USA Newsroom

I feel the same way, an established platform that has performed and became one of the most reliable trucks is something I look for. Chasing new models, towing #'s, or highest HP doesn't always equate to being better overall.

If Tundra's model changeover wasn't happening during the Covid crisis, the prices would have been very attractive on end of model clearance sale's.

Back
Top Bottom