• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Foreign Weapons and Obscure Builds

I can't believe I'm just now getting into this thread....

fast306stang fast306stang if your finger is still "deformed", you probably damaged a tendon. Depending on how badly it's damaged it may require surgery or could just a simple splint for 3 months. You should probably see a doctor though and they'll tell you to get an MRI.

Disclaimer: Not an actual doctor, just play one on ODT

I can't believe I'm just now getting into this thread....

fast306stang fast306stang if your finger is still "deformed", you probably damaged a tendon. Depending on how badly it's damaged it may require surgery or could just a simple splint for 3 months. You should probably see a doctor though and they'll tell you to get an MRI.

Disclaimer: Not an actual doctor, just play one on ODT

Just left the DR office and they told me that, almost exactly verbatim! Were you in the hallway listening in??? Hahaha!

No MRI yet. Gotta wear the splint for 6 weeks and then a checkup...

Welcome to the best thread on the ODT! Glad to have ya!

Just left the DR office and they told me that, almost exactly verbatim! Were you in the hallway listening in??? Hahaha!

Thanks, been on ODT for quite a while. Usually add some kind of sarcastic comment to people's ads, but the mods were cracking down hard on me lately.

The issue with a splint and a tendon tear is that while the tendon is healing, you can't move that finger AT ALL, otherwise it'll just re-tear. The splint helps and if it does fix it, it'll be a lot easier than surgery, but don't expect a 100% straight finger.

Thanks, been on ODT for quite a while. Usually add some kind of sarcastic comment to people's ads, but the mods were cracking down hard on me lately.

The issue with a splint and a tendon tear is that while the tendon is healing, you can't move that finger AT ALL, otherwise it'll just re-tear. The splint helps and if it does fix it, it'll be a lot easier than surgery, but don't expect a 100% straight finger.

Lol@being on the radar! Now you've done it!

Good info on the movement. I'll have to tighten this splint some. They gave me a weird plastic thimble thing and one was super tight and this one is loose...

20190619_110829.jpg

This is how things go. You try to save money by buying wheels and tires and installing then yourself. The downside is you'll need an MRI and it would have been cheaper to have someone else do it in retrospect.

This is how things go. You try to save money by buying wheels and tires and installing then yourself. The downside is you'll need an MRI and it would have been cheaper to have someone else do it in retrospect.

Money wasn't the issue lol. I needed a wheel to be able to drive the car...lots of newer cars don't come with a jack or a spare, which is the dumbest thing ever IMO...

Money wasn't the issue lol. I needed a wheel to be able to drive the car...lots of newer cars don't come with a jack or a spare, which is the dumbest thing ever IMO...

I just found that out recently too. I had no idea.

Fitting though, as most millennials can't change a tire anyway.

:pound:

It really doesn't hurt that much believe it or not. But I was expecting to see it halfway degloved and blood everywhere and when I looked at it, it was stuck like that. Absolutely not what I was expecting and it shocked me a little bit. I was thinking, "OMG, I'm deformed forever!!!"

Which hopefully isn't the case!
Hope it heals up real good soon stang!

Reminds me of the time I was taking some pictures during a high school football game. As I was watching the action through my camera lens, I saw the QB get tackled hard. When he came up from the pile his middle finger was bent completely over to the back of his wrist, blood and stuff coming out everywhere. I don't remember what happened to him or if/how it healed, but I bet that finger never worked quite the same. Yours didn't look near as bad though!

Back
Top Bottom