• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Form 1 and Integral questions

ShooterG

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
30   0
Reaction score
I'm debating having a little fun doing some form 1 cans. This would partially be due to my enjoyment of 'projects' and satisfaction- but also because one of my ideas I have not seen in the marketplace and I want to try and build a proof of concept. Here are my ideas, not sure which I'll actually do:

1. Modular 9mm similar to the new Dead Air Wolf-9SD.
2. An over the barrel similar to AMTAC CQB or Hornet - haven't decided caliber.
3. Shorty 5.56 just for fun
4. Integral 10/22 - For this I really haven't come up with a design yet - looking at the current factory options for ideas.

My biggest question- does anyone know of a local machine shop or place to get some of the specialty threaded parts I'll need? For numbers 2 and 4 I'm going to need some parts that I dont think I'll find off the shelf.

Also, for the integral 10/22 - how bad is accuracy affected by the shortening of rifled barrel? This one seems the hardest so I may just look into spending the $$ on a KG Made EOS 22.

I've shot the EOS and it's amazing quiet. Really great design to help keep the carbon from making the tube stick on the core/baffles

I've got a HTA Fusion T22 integral and like it a lot and it has had a lot of bulk ammo down the pipe. I shot it next to the EOS and they both work well. EOS is a lot better designed and machined; but sound wise they are close. Ammo and action noise starting coming into play with 22lr on how they sound. I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to get the EOS because they have spent the time and research in producing a quality product over trying to design one myself.

Feel free to PM us with any questions. We can help with machined components too.

The accuracy of a short barrel surprises a lot of people who shoot our stuff. Even with 4" of rifling, you can hit what you are aiming at with our EOS. It wont win a 100y benchrest competition, but for plinking and hunting under 100y its more than adequate.

Our Ticho cz455 integral has a 10.75" barrel, and it very accurate. I was able to get this group at 50y with a bipod. Im sure a better precision shooter could tighten it up even more.
20687354_761189214060009_2326703334657884160_n(1).jpg

Feel free to PM us with any questions. We can help with machined components too.

The accuracy of a short barrel surprises a lot of people who shoot our stuff. Even with 4" of rifling, you can hit what you are aiming at with our EOS. It wont win a 100y benchrest competition, but for plinking and hunting under 100y its more than adequate.

Our Ticho cz455 integral has a 10.75" barrel, and it very accurate. I was able to get this group at 50y with a bipod. Im sure a better precision shooter could tighten it up even more.
View attachment 1299565
As I get closer to building (and Form 1 approval) I will take you up on at least asking questions! My goal would be accuracy enough to hunt squirrels, shoot rifleman at Appleseed - and also keep bulk ammo subsonic.

Back
Top Bottom