Forsyth Gun and Loan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay for all ODT members, Police,Fire Fighters, EMT'S, First Responders, Military active and retired, and River Bend gun club members you guys will get free FFL transfers at my store with proof of service and membership everyone else will be 15$. We will also be carrying knives (American Japanese and German made only).Come by this weekend and hopefully will have some new inventory in not a huge amount but more than we had. Again thanks to all who are supporting me in this venture. The new beginning starts now we are already at the bottom the only way is up from here. Biker I will not be here on Thursday but will be here on Friday after 4 Saturday after 11 and all next week.

That's disappointing honestly.

While it's a nice gesture to buy something in the shop when getting a free transfer, nowhere in your post(s) offering free ODT transfers was this mentioned. (3 times you made this offer and never with the stipulation)

I don't recall seeing anything about giving you a chance to match a price either. When a sale is on, there's often not time to check with the local shop or risk missing the deal.

Good luck to you and your business. I won't be coming back in. Don't care for the bait and switch...

I have spoken to my associates now that I have arrived at the shop. The issue is as follows. The lowers were transferred in to my shop and at no point was there any attempt in asking to purchase any other products from me nor giving me a chance to find the lowers at a better price. To add to this if you purchase 5 lowers wouldn't you want parts kits, buffer tubes, barrels, or sights. My next question is if a company is giving you some thing for free would you push it to the limit and abuse a good offer and not at least give that company a chance to find the product you want and maybe at a better price. So at this point I will continue with the free transfers for ODT Members and special pricing but if the abuse of this offer continues I will be forced to end this. So inconclusion I will back David and the choice that he made on this transfer because we want this to be fair for everyone. Why does one person always play the system and ruin a good thing for everyone else involved. This matter is now closed and I will not be discussing it any further in an open forum.

Thank you.

Ok, so I'm confused now. Are the transfers actually free or only free if we purchase something else from your store and/or give you a chance to match or beat the price first? I don't order guns online very often, so would likely never or very rarely need a transfer. I'm just curious and would like a bit of clarification, in case I ever do want to do a transfer in the future.

Ok, so I'm confused now. Are the transfers actually free or only free if we purchase something else from your store and/or give you a chance to match or beat the price first? I don't order guns online very often, so would likely never or very rarely need a transfer. I'm just curious and would like a bit of clarification, in case I ever do want to do a transfer in the future.
:pop2::pop2::pop2:

Had 1 shipped there,no problem no charge,traded a pistol for a pistol,great deal,bought a pistol at a great price,have a pistol on lay a way.Bought several items from there,never a problem.:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::laser::laser::laser::laser::laser::laser::laser::laser:

Had 1 shipped there,no problem no charge,traded a pistol for a pistol,great deal,bought a pistol at a great price,have a pistol on lay a way.Bought several items from there,never a problem.:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::laser::laser::laser::laser::laser::laser::laser::laser:
So its a selective policy, based on how much you ra-ra them on ODT.

Good to know.

:behindsofa::behindsofa::behindsofa::behindsofa:

I have spoken to my associates now that I have arrived at the shop. The issue is as follows. The lowers were transferred in to my shop and at no point was there any attempt in asking to purchase any other products from me nor giving me a chance to find the lowers at a better price. To add to this if you purchase 5 lowers wouldn't you want parts kits, buffer tubes, barrels, or sights. My next question is if a company is giving you some thing for free would you push it to the limit and abuse a good offer and not at least give that company a chance to find the product you want and maybe at a better price. So at this point I will continue with the free transfers for ODT Members and special pricing but if the abuse of this offer continues I will be forced to end this. So inconclusion I will back David and the choice that he made on this transfer because we want this to be fair for everyone. Why does one person always play the system and ruin a good thing for everyone else involved. This matter is now closed and I will not be discussing it any further in an open forum.

Thank you.

Hey Boss. I wasn't trying to stir the pot in any manner whatsoever. I have used your shop for transfers 3 times now. The first and second for a single item after which I purchased some mags or some ammo. Always happy to help someone who is serving Forsyth County and members of The ODT.

To elaborate on my first and second experience it didn't appear to be common knowledge about ODT receiving free transfers. Fair enough. New shop new ownership, I get it. Rolled with it and walked out with a smile regardless thinking I had found somewhere closer to home that wasn't going to charge me an arm and a leg to jump on great deals I find online with FFL transfers.

I do find it incredibly unjustified to say that my intentions are to take advantage of the awesome service you are offering. After my first and second experience I didn't know what to expect, someone who was aware of the ODT policy or not. No charge I will buy some goods. Charge and I won't since I am paying for the service.

As far as seeing if you could get the products at a lower price. I monitor prices in spreadsheets to include total price of product and shipping on a fairly frequent basis across multiple websites. The price I saw was the lowest I had seen since Black Friday so I ordered. If I had known that the transfers would have cost me something I probably would have come in and seen if you could beat it. The premise of free transfers, and yes I checked your previous posts to make sure it was plural, is what drew me to utilize your shop in the first place. Next time I will see if you could get some of the items at lower prices, difference being that I'm happy to provide some extra for local service but not HUNDREDS. Most of my other parts are bought from individuals on arfcom at better than Black Friday prices...

In conclusion, feel like I am writing a college paper FFS, I would love to continue to utilize Forsyth County Pawn as my FFL of choice. I am still a bit miffed that I was drawn in under a false premise and that I have been painted as someone who is trying to "play the system" when I was simply taking you up on an offer you made public on The ODT. I see very little difference in 5 items and 1 item. If it had been 15+ hell yeah call it out since it would have significantly increased the amount of time to complete the paperwork. 5 though...

I wasn't, and am not now, looking for an apology. I simply was seeking clarification on a policy, communicating my experience, and letting you know that the numbers I was quoted didn't add up (probably a simple mistake but still)

Cheers!

Edit: For those looking the people in the store are friendly and happy to chat. Prices on his inventory are pretty competitive, just not what my priorities in terms of firearms are at this point in time.

Glad to see its changed owners,the last time I was there a friend and I had some items on the counter to buy until they told me I could not use there restroom.Said we had to go outside to the porta johns,left the items on the counter and have not been back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom