Freaking Armadillo

My game camera has them exiting their den at 10PM and re-entering at 4AM. I'm NOT awake then. I had success gassing them with a product called "the Gasser" , bought at big box. You must be able to fully seal entrance quickly after lighting fuse. YMMV.

In y'alls educated opinions, will .38spcl. Snakeshot do the job close up? Since you can practically walk up and grab them by the tail (if youre in the right spot at the right time).

The snakeshot will not work with the hard shell and the spread. I have killed them with a 22, but you have to hit them in the right spot.

.38 spcl will work fine.

In y'alls educated opinions, will .38spcl. Snakeshot do the job close up? Since you can practically walk up and grab them by the tail (if youre in the right spot at the right time).

no to the .38 snakeshot. yes to a .38 hollow point close range.

just bust out a AR and take em out with that lol. make great moving target practice.

I would not even try birdshot. You will kill 'em, but some of the shot will ricochet. Like others have said 38Sp or better.

Caution they have been know to carry Leprosy!
Yeah that's what i was about to say. But they don't seem that hard to catch. About two months ago I drove back into the bamboo grove to the shooting spot and walked right up on three of them nosing around in the black bamboo. And either they're hard of hearing or seeing cause they didn't get in any hurry to leave. They didn't get moving until I put the first few rounds through the WASR.
So I sent pics of them to my wife. Really close up pics. And she told me not to make any contact with them. Then she told me that they followed her around every time she went to Cumberland Island. So they're basically like homeless people.

Spray your yard to kill their food and they will leave. A broadcast sprayer with Permethrin will kill all bugs. Use the high concentrated Permethrin 36.8%. The lower concentrate and the pre-mix just isn't strong enough to get down to the grubs. Do this and I guarantee you they will leave. No food= no dillos.

This also works for moles, squirrels, chipmunks, fox, coyote, cats, etc etc etc. It doesn't kill the burrowing /digging animal, it just kills their food supply. A sprayer and tank can be bought for as little as $100. Or you can even make a super cheap one with a submersible pump, a 5 gal bucket and a few feet of PVC. then run the wires to your ATV or lawn mower battery.

BTW, When you're doing this you are also treating your lawn for termites. Use the same type of Permethrin and spray along the foundation of your home for superior termite protection. Permethrin is also a well known mosquito repellent. WIN- WIN- WIN

sprayer.png
spray 36%.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom