• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fruits of fall

the lackster

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
0   0
Reaction score
Hit up dad's crabapple tree for some goods here recently. My little girl and I got busy peeling and my wife cooked them down into her delicious apple sauce. I used the stock to make us a few quarts of cider that's gonna go down real smooth come cold weather. It's all delicious!!
20210803_175749.jpg
20210803_191006.jpg
20210818_174018.jpg
20210818_174045.jpg

Hit up dad's crabapple tree for some goods here recently. My little girl and I got busy peeling and my wife cooked them down into her delicious apple sauce. I used the stock to make us a few quarts of cider that's gonna go down real smooth come cold weather. It's all delicious!!View attachment 3428514View attachment 3428515View attachment 3428516View attachment 3428517

I've never seen crabapples that large. The ones I'm familiar with are smaller than a golf ball. Bet that cider is good!

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

I've never seen crabapples that large. The ones I'm familiar with are smaller than a golf ball. Bet that cider is good!

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
You right, majority of the tree was tiny but for whatever reason this year it yielded a couple that were racket ball size. Dad has a dude prune it that works for a winery pruning there crops. He seems to know what he is doing. I'm sure it hasn't hurt the quality.

I’m firmly in the not crabapple camp. Could be a Royal Limbertwig, They were a pretty popular Apple during that period, especially for farms.
Could be, it was bought as a crabapple along with Arkansas black that are bigger on average than that tree, but hints the name almost black. I have gala and yellow delicious at my house. They are only 10 years old but really taking off as well as my peach trees. Definitely a long game. Like I tell my daughter, I didn't plant these trees for me.

Back
Top Bottom