• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

G43 but bubba got it

MILSURP Collector

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Airborne Ranger
291   0
Reaction score
Looking for a price check on a German G43. Guy I got it from said his dad brought it back (no proof of course) and he didn't like the rough finish so he polished it including the factory code and year!. Looks like he modified the front band (took off spring and added a screw). Magazine is a repro He modified the stock and safety retainer and safety.

That all said it is a G43! Bore has some shine, strong rifling and passes the bullet test.

Thought I'd ask the experts what a good price would be. Unmolested these go for over 2k.

Here is the original description:

This German G-43 was my Fathers and he sent t home from ww2. At one time I had the sheet for permission to ship it back home but it’s long gone. My Father passed away so I don't know that much about this rifle. He did some things to it over the years so it is not 100% original. The mag is not original but we shot it many times over the years and I never had any hang ups with surplus or new ammo (8mm). So this rifle is as it is, the barrel is very clean without any rust or pitting. This rifle is ready to shoot. Look at the pictures and if you need more I will do my best to get them to you. I will not take it apart, My dad did and I remember seeing a lot of stamps on other parts. German markings are there.

G43 modified (17).JPG
G43 modified (18).JPG
G43 modified (5).JPG
G43 modified (6).JPG
G43 modified (14).JPG

I'm not by any means an expert, but having handled one and fired one om several occasions, the stock still looks off, check the photo, infill not the same. Not a major deal, but just saying...and it is still nice.

Automatgevär_m1943_-_Tyskland_-_AM.045876.jpg

Back
Top Bottom