• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ga Arms lead?

i"ll load up 50 or so and take them to the range this week. i'll call GA Arms on monday and see what they say. not a huge deal but with 1k of them, i'd like to know exactly what they are and if I need to do anything different with loading or shooting. :)

it's mainly just plinking rounds but still...

RRD we need to get out. LeeNr and I went to the range wed and did some 100yd shooting. beautiful day!! got to shoot the AR, hornet, m1 carbine and the #1 280. forgot how that one kicks when it's not snug on the shoulder. ;) BTW not sure if you saw but Lee totalled his R6 at Jennings yesterday. yardsale in turn 2, bike came back to the pits in a front end loader in peices. oops. he's fine and out on his BMW today.

i"ll load up 50 or so and take them to the range this week. i'll call GA Arms on monday and see what they say. not a huge deal but with 1k of them, i'd like to know exactly what they are and if I need to do anything different with loading or shooting. :)

RRD we need to get out. LeeNr and I went to the range wed and did some 100yd shooting. beautiful day!! got to shoot the AR, hornet, m1 carbine and the #1 280. forgot how that one kicks when it's not snug on the shoulder. ;) BTW not sure if you saw but Lee totalled his R6 at Jennings yesterday. yardsale in turn 2, bike came back to the pits in a front end loader in peices. oops. he's fine and out on his BMW today.

Post up an after action review of the bullets sir. Hopefully the weather will hold out it's been really pleasent shooting weather. I went today to SRC and shot some 9mm 147 gn. cast lead with my son. We ran a few speed/reaction drills and started out with .22 LR. I'm really glad to hear LeeNr is ok despite the R6 yard sale. Turn two is a pretty fast turn (counter clock wise). I didn't know he had a BMW, two wheeled type.

Last edited:

I like the Ga arms folks. I had a few small questions in the past, and they were always very helpful.

called them today and they are indeed moly coated lead bullets. I weighted a few over the weekend and are about 125-126grains each, so pretty close. the lady that answered the phone took my question and then called me back promptly and said they were moly coated and they will fire the same as the standard lube that is used. no need to change loads or cleaning procedure...

so I loaded up a hundred or so and will shoot them this week sometime and see how they go. thanks all...

Have to agree with Tom on the but ugly ,looks like something I would before I found a good caster.
Thank you Tom ,you cast some pretty bullets.

It is moly I got some 40s at the gun show and aske. I got home and loaded I won't go back to the old way again every one went in the case perfect no deformities or peels of lube all over. These will be my go to bullet from now on.

Shiny bullets!!!:cool:
Fresh from the mold.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 42
Back
Top Bottom