• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gametime is nearly here, what's your call - UGA or Clemson?

so a 6-7 season 3 yrs ago was not enough of a reason?

2 straight sec east championships? i'm sure that makes for an impressive resume

Yes, 6-7 was enough(ref. the "I was calling for his head" comment), especially after a 8-5 season the previous year, but he stayed. I couldn't change that, so I just rooted for the Dawgs with all I had that next year. As far as his resume, I feel like he is an accomplished coach. He has 2 SEC Championships and 2 Sugar Bowl Championships to his credit. Most college football fans are so fickle. We went 12-2 last year, won the SEC East title, knocked Florida off for the second straight year, nearly beat the #1 team in the country in the SEC Championship, and finished the season with a solid bowl victory over Nebraska. Not the National Title that I was hoping for, but I just refuse to want to fire a coach after a 3 point loss against a talented team in the season opener. I still believe in the Dawgs and Coach Richt. We have the potential to win the East again this year. We will know a lot after this Saturday.

Yes, 6-7 was enough(ref. the "I was calling for his head" comment), especially after a 8-5 season the previous year, but he stayed. I couldn't change that, so I just rooted for the Dawgs with all I had that next year. As far as his resume, I feel like he is an accomplished coach. He has 2 SEC Championships and 2 Sugar Bowl Championships to his credit. Most college football fans are so fickle. We went 12-2 last year, won the SEC East title, knocked Florida off for the second straight year, nearly beat the #1 team in the country in the SEC Championship, and finished the season with a solid bowl victory over Nebraska. Not the National Title that I was hoping for, but I just refuse to want to fire a coach after a 3 point loss against a talented team in the season opener. I still believe in the Dawgs and Coach Richt. We have the potential to win the East again this year. We will know a lot after this Saturday.

aah tis true, but uga isn't most college football programs. so i don't think "we" should have to settle for good enough. let's remember here that uf, lsu, aub, bama, tenn have all won bcs championships and uga hasn't

the gymnastics program here at uga laughs at our football program

i grew up a seminoles fan, then went to college at uga. so i'm loyal to 2 programs that are both "good enough" and i'm tired of being just "good enough"

aah tis true, but uga isn't most college football programs. so i don't think "we" should have to settle for good enough. let's remember here that uf, lsu, aub, bama, tenn have all won bcs championships and uga hasn't

the gymnastics program here at uga laughs at our football program

i grew up a seminoles fan, then went to college at uga. so i'm loyal to 2 programs that are both "good enough" and i'm tired of being just "good enough"

You make some very good points. I am tired of being just "good enough" as well. Last year shoulda, coulda, woulda. I guess I just don't want to give up hope on this year quite yet. I know at this point we are 0-1, but there's still hope for a chance at the SEC Title. And, as long as that hope is still alive, the hope for a National Title is still alive. Remember, the road to the BCS Championship will almost certainly run through Atlanta yet again this year.

You make some very good points. I am tired of being just "good enough" as well. Last year shoulda, coulda, woulda. I guess I just don't want to give up hope on this year quite yet. I know at this point we are 0-1, but there's still hope for a chance at the SEC Title. And, as long as that hope is still alive, the hope for a National Title is still alive. Remember, the road to the BCS Championship will almost certainly run through Atlanta yet again this year.

i admire your loyalty, i really do. i'm that loyal to noles football, tar heel basketball and boston celtics. but i'm also more realistic. i hated when we hired jimbo fisher. mickey andrews coulda held onto the reins until a suitable replacement was found. doc rivers is a crappy coach who got his butt saved by winning a chip accidentally. and roy williams has been a complete moron w/the last few years at the helm of unc bball. he's been recruiting poorly and poor characters

Aaron Murray told the Athens Banner Herald that he's "not worried" about his record against ranked opponents.

And THAT folks is the difference between Murray and guys like McCarron.

Back
Top Bottom