• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gander Mountain closings (threads merged)

All the inventory is being redistributed to the remaining stores. Probably won;t be a firesale on much if anything...

Cabelas is a lot closer to the market than gander was. I'd rather pay 50 too much than 200 too much.

Unfortunately, if this BassPro acquisition doesn't happen, they could be next in line for Ch. 11.

Funny

I was in there and was intrigued at their prices and asked if they match academy they stated yes

But bet most feel that is a hassel to do that

Their prices was high on everything never once did i say thats not bad price

Shirts tshirts 30 bucks get real
Hats 25 bucks please
Best luck to employees though

I went the Mcdonough store once, walked around looking at the high prices, not one employee spoke to me, they were too busy talking to each other, It wasn't just high prices that caused their demise.

I went the Mcdonough store once, walked around looking at the high prices, not one employee spoke to me, they were too busy talking to each other, It wasn't just high prices that caused their demise.
I had this same problem when I went in just before Christmas to buy a 22 rifle for my boys. Stood there waiting for 15-20 minutes. A couple employees were "helping" customers, more like showing them every gun in the place just to waste time. Other time clock riders were standing around on the sales floor talking to other time clock riders (I refuse to call them employees because they were not working), ignoring potential customers. I started to walk out and the Assistant manager asked if I found everything ok. Told her no and I'm going to Academy to buy the same rifle they had, at least I knew I might get some service there. She asked if she offered a discount, would I change my mind. She offered a decent discount, so I said yes. As I was standing at the counter waiting for her to finish up my transaction, I over heard another employee tell the customer they were helping "I work as an hourly employee, so it doesn't matter to me if I help 1 or 20 customers, I get paid the same."
I really wish I could find this guy again and ask him how his method of working turned out for him? Oh, it looks like you will be looking for another job asshat!

So many companies have overlooked the Customer Service part of their business model and just want to make the cash register ring!

Back
Top Bottom