Garage door torsion spring question!

We tried to reuse one that broke on a customer's door years ago, didn't work and the pucker factor was extremely high, ended up calling a door company and they did it correctly and quickly, won't try it again.

Like Itbeme said, go for it, but just in case something goes wrong can I have your guns?

Depending on where you are I have the name of a guy who does this stuff and is reasonable.

PM me and I can give you his name.

I saw a co-worker years ago rip out the center of his wrist trying to work on one years ago. He almost bled to death before we could get in the garage to get him out. Like everyone said, pay a professional and let them do it safely. This is one of those things that are worth what ever they charge to have someone else do.

Please if you do it yourself, have someone video it and post it on here.
Funny.jpg

My dad and I used to have to work on his all the time. 16' all wood door made in the 70's. That thing was super heavy. It had left and right springs and I remember cranking forever on those things to get enough tension to assist raising and lowering that door. Definitely a dangerous job if you are not familiar with the process. No tells ng how much energy is stored in those springs, but I know it's enough to send my fist through the drywall holding on to a 1/2" adjusting rod...

Back
Top Bottom