General ? Why do people refuse to ship firearms?

testdepth

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
51   0
Reaction score
I am not knocking anyone. I just would like to know what reasons people have for not shipping within the state of Georgia. By law it is legal to ship to each others front door within the state. Shipping rates are reasonable and you do not have to use an FFL to do it.

The majority of ads on ODT state "no shipping". If most guys on ODT are honest folks and proof is provided i.e. (GA DL or permit) and both are legally able to own firearms then why not ship?

Yeah, I'm wondering about this as well.
I live pretty far away from everyone else on here, and I'd LOVE it if they'd ship some of that goodies this way and show the south some love.

I just though it's not legal to ship firearms... only through FFL?

Yeah, I'm wondering about this as well.
I live pretty far away from everyone else on here, and I'd LOVE it if they'd ship some of that goodies this way and show the south some love.

I just though it's not legal to ship firearms... only through FFL?

You can ship to other GA resident

I notice alot more shipping goes on with firearm parts and accessories. I feel ok taking a chance on shipping a $30 mag to a stranger rather than a $500+ firearm.... Just too much too lose for me.

I don't do shipping for a couple of reasons 1 - scanners, if you hand me $300 in cash you're check or money order can't come back bad a week later. 2- how do I know if you're a gangbanger looking for a piece to shoot the popo with if I can't see you?

What's the packaging requirement and rules for shipping a firearm??

Does USPS ships it or does it have to be UPS? Can you just unload and keep the magazine out of the gun, then toss it in a "if it fits, it ships" box with some peanuts or bubble wrap and send it happily to a new owner?

This is interesting to me :-) I'd rather pay $20-$30 more to have something shipped to my house, rather than drive a hundred mile to meet someone up north. Sometimes it's still cheaper than paying an FFL fee and shipping to buy same gun online from a dealer...

What's the packaging requirement and rules for shipping a firearm??

Does USPS ships it or does it have to be UPS? Can you just unload and keep the magazine out of the gun, then toss it in a "if it fits, it ships" box with some peanuts or bubble wrap and send it happily to a new owner?

This is interesting to me :-) I'd rather pay $20-$30 more to have something shipped to my house, rather than drive a hundred mile to meet someone up north. Sometimes it's still cheaper than paying an FFL fee and shipping to buy same gun online from a dealer...

Only long guns can go USPS, and that wont work in the if it fits it ships box. Also have to inform them its a firearm etc. Under $50 usually, but a PITA IMO.

Back
Top Bottom