General ? Why do people refuse to ship firearms?

Handguns can't be shipped USPS. Although you can ship in state without an FFL, carrier rules say it must go overnight. I shipped one UPS Next Day Saver last month. $78. And it's not any cheaper in state. F*<k that.

I won't ship for a couple of reasons. All the above statements about the aggravation and costs are true. Plus I only fool with used guns. If I sell one I want the buyer to love it before he pays me for it. That way there's no problem with complaints about the gun's condition.

I work for the Post Office. I have mailed dozens of guns all around the country. Does no one here buy or sell any guns on any of the online auctions? You get your money first then you ship the gun. It is true that you are not supposed to mail handguns but you can mail rifles. You DO NOT write on the package what it is and the window clerk does not have the right to ask you what it is.

I could not agree more. I have bought and sold, received and shipped many rifles. Out of state they go to an FFL. From out of state, they go to my FFL. In state, between residents, they go direct. I have seen many long guns I wanted to buy on this site only to have the seller tell me he will not ship. His call but he missed a sale. I pay all the costs. He gets his money up front. We insure the package. Then we are good to go. No different from any other online purchase in that regard.

In the good old days and too not long ago we had Trailways and Greyhound buses that stopped in every town in Ga. and most times we could recieve the gun the same day it was shipped with a phone call from the frieght clerk telling us our package had arrived and was ready for pick up. I really miss them for that purpose !

Back
Top Bottom