• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Generator Thread ....When the power goes out...

"To each, his own."

If we had no choice, we would all try to make the best of life even with no electricity and all that entails - no AC, no refrigerator or freezer, no internet, and eventually no working cars.

I am spoiled and soft. A loss of power in the summer and the house starts heating and gets uncomfortable in short order.

In the winter an extended loss could mean broken water pipes and flooding.

Given my rathers, I would prefer power to be restored automatically in a few seconds.

Of course that comes with a price.

Our power goes out at least 3 times a year. Once this year for over 2 days. I would not be without a whole house generator. I would not want the responsibility of back feeding with a portable generator and forgetting to cut off the main breaker on my panel and electrocuting a lineman.

Our power goes out at least 3 times a year. Once this year for over 2 days. I would not be without a whole house generator. I would not want the responsibility of back feeding with a portable generator and forgetting to cut off the main breaker on my panel and electrocuting a lineman.
A professionally installed automatic transfer switch is the way to go to avoid anyone getting electrocuted

Back
Top Bottom