• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Georgia becoming a QDM state?

WE eat em and if a legal deer presents itself I will shoot it.I will go by the rules on state or on a invitation hunt but on my little piece of the world I get to hunt,I shoot for the meat.

The biggest problem with QDM is the amount of hunters is already declining . This will make some quit and will not make any decide to become hunters . It will be a net loss in hunters overall which is a bad thing to tax revenue which is what drives most of the regulations . Then to compensate hunting license prices go up and more hunters turn away . It is a bad idea as a rule . It should be easier not harder to hunt .
This is exactly what I was thinking. I'm a meat hunter, I see mostly does on the small tract of land I get to hunt on and does are what I'm hunting for. There are a few bucks passing through but one is a small spike, one is a small basket rack 4 pointer and the other one is a fairly nice 8 pointer. If the 8 presents itself I'll prolly take the shot but if it don't I really don't care. I just want meat for the grill.

Gorgeous six taken last year.
image.jpeg

**** the deer. They're delicious destroyers of my vehicles. Kill em all, says I. For that reason alone, I say to hell with QDM.

You ain't kidding. A guy down at my old hunting club took a 6 point with a 22" inside spread. He was massive too. A sure enough mature trophy. The club still fined him $100 because he didn't have 4 on one side! LOL!
Yeah, this is where QDM hurts us. Those mature deer need to go. We have got trophy spikes and six points in Hancock. I have seen them run off nice young eight points to breed the doe and spread those genes. It would be hard to argue for statewide QDM for a variety of reasons. Even nonhunters like to see big bucks though.

Reactions: MRH
:boink:If it's brown It's down .

I hunt Meriwether county and it's qdm .

Do I care ?

No

Do I abide by the qdm ?

Yes I do :)

I would rather have antlerless deer any day .

I am hunting meat for my freezer and some older folks who don't hunt but love deer meat :)
user84105_pic45436_1450568895.jpg

If big boy walks out tho...

user84105_pic40849_1377783705_thumb.jpg

Reactions: MRH
The cost of hunting is bad enough. I personally am a meat hunter. I could care less about mounting it on my wall for bragging rights.
I agree with others here.
If you want QDM than join a QDM club. Dont" force" it on others.
We have enough of that **** already in this country.

Back
Top Bottom