Votes: 311 83.4%
  • No

Votes: 17 4.6%
  • Dont Care

Votes: 26 7.0%
  • TACOS!

Votes: 19 5.1%

• Total voters
I think it is kind of the point of the matter. Kemp pushed the bill, it would follow that he would have signed it as soon as it hit his desk. If he is stalling, it looks political to me. Sign it and move on.

Rosewood

The AJC newspaper (fish wrapper & bird cage liner)
is reporting that the Democrats have labeled this legislation the "Criminal Carry Law" and Stacy Abrams is already making a campaign ad for governor pointing out that Brian Kemp wants to make it easier for criminals to carry guns at schools.

They will make a big deal about it you can be sure... but who cares?

They were against permits in the beginning because there would be 'blood in the streets' if people were allowed to carry guns in public at all.

Now they are saying that permits are good, and that law abiding people carrying without one will lead to 'blood in the streets'.

Most people see through their nonsense, and now that 50% of the states have some form of Constitutional carry, the data is solidly in our favor that there won't be 'blood in the streets'.

They will make a big deal about it you can be sure... but who cares?

They were against permits in the beginning because there would be 'blood in the streets' if people were allowed to carry guns in public at all.

Now they are saying that permits are good, and that law abiding people carrying without one will lead to 'blood in the streets'.

Most people see through their nonsense, and now that 50% of the states have some form of Constitutional carry, the data is solidly in our favor that there won't be 'blood in the streets'.
On the other hand, a little more 'blood in the streets', might help correct course.

The AJC newspaper (fish wrapper & bird cage liner)
is reporting that the Democrats have labeled this legislation the "Criminal Carry Law" and Stacy Abrams is already making a campaign ad for governor pointing out that Brian Kemp wants to make it easier for criminals to carry guns at schools.
I'm assuming an 18 year old still can't carry even if this bill passes?

I think it is kind of the point of the matter. Kemp pushed the bill, it would follow that he would have signed it as soon as it hit his desk. If he is stalling, it looks political to me. Sign it and move on.

Rosewood

I'm sure it is political. I'm sure he want to let the dust settle from the legislature. News is still reporting on all the bills that were or weren't passed on the last day.

I'd do the same thing in his place - wait until closer to primary, slow news day, sign the bill, get some good press.

I'm assuming an 18 year old still can't carry even if this bill passes?
(2.1) 'Lawful weapons carrier' means any person who is licensed or eligible for a license 67 pursuant to Code Section 16-11-129 and who is not otherwise prohibited by law from possessing a weapon or long gun, any resident of any other state who would otherwise 69 be eligible to obtain a license pursuant to such Code section but for the residency 70 requirement, and any person licensed to carry a weapon in any other state.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(2) No weapons carry license shall be issued to:
(A) Any person under 21 years of age;
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In other words "no".
The ONLY thing this does is eliminate the unconstitutional tax and onerous privacy invasion required for legal gun owners to be able to carry.

Back
Top Bottom