• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Georgia Gambling/Contest/Raffle law

Lol sorry guys, I had this in the general thread and it got moved cause I wasn't paying attention. Anyway, I keep seeing all these post about contests which would require donations to enter, my original post was to long so I shortened it and accidently cut off the other part. I figured i'd post this because you cant have raffles unless its stricly charity and you can only hold them if you are a non-profit/exemt (Churches ect.) Just wanted some input on if you think this is bogus or not. I mean I don't consider a raffle to be in the least bit gambling.

http://www.cobbsheriff.org/IA/raffles.htm

Maybe that will shed some light.

Looks like you have to be a non-profit, and even at that-they will require a license and charge a fee.

I would even be careful at some of these poker games. I have heard that some around play for some decent stakes. I would only play with people I know well, and never in a bar or any other place for money. I ain't good enough to play poker for money anyhow, so no worries here.

Interestingly, there was a small town in the general local area which had a full gambing setup in the basement of the local ----- club for many years in the 70s. Slot machines, roulette, and such and so. From what I understand, everyone knew about it, and looked the other way. This went on for like a decade or so, I hear.

Nowadays, people's own neighbors will write each other up for having mailboxes which are the wrong color. Oh well, society is very different nowadays.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom